The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 20, 2009, 02:35 PM   #1
Big Don

Timers for competition

I posted this a while ago and it got moved to the "General Discussion" area and I didn't get a single response. I'm hoping somewhere here can assist me.

Mods, I hope you don't move it to "equipment etc" as it isn't related to that. I need to hear from fellow combat shooters. Thanks in advance, I hope.

We use PACT "Club" timers for our combat matches but I don't have access to any support material that might have come with them. Does anyone know if the "Club" timer can be used in a countdown mode, i.e. a stopwatch with a "beep" and shot-counter? If so, how do we get to that mode?
Thank you in advance.
Don
Old December 20, 2009, 08:18 PM   #2
The_Vigilante

Timers for competition

I found these instructions on the Internet for a Club Timer II-not sure if they will work for your timer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PactCT2instructions.pdf (292.7 KB, 13 views)
Old December 20, 2009, 10:00 PM   #3
Dr. Strangelove

I saw your earlier post, but since I don't shoot competively or have much experience with timers, I didn't answer.

I've been using "Shot Timer" from surefire on my iPhone, it's a free download and does all the things you asked for and more, plus allows you to email the results if you want.

Seems to work well enough for me just fooling around, I don't know how folks would feel about using it for competition.