The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 17, 2008, 08:00 AM   #1
jssbastiat

help with jammed, Firearms Int. corp, 7mag

my 7 mag freezes alot up here in Ak...and i forced it open one too many times...the bolt moved up, but froze...and will not go back down or move backwards to open....

the barrel also says 'action made in belgium'....

i live in Ak, it's hard to get it to a gunsmith....so, is there anyway i can fix this myself...can i get teh bolt out someway?....if i do, where can i get the new bolt or whatever i need?....

anywhere i can send it?....

[email protected]
Old August 17, 2008, 08:48 AM   #2
SDC

It sounds like you've got a Firearms International "Musketeer", a commercial FN Mauser built in Belgium for import by Firearms International. It should disassemble the same way as any other Mauser action, with a latch on the left side of the receiver that also acts as the ejector. The first thing is, is the rifle loaded? If so, you're going to want to get it unloaded first, and you might have to blow it out with compressed air and solvent to get that far. More than likely, you just have a bunch of crud in the action that's not letting the bolt rotate fully, maybe with a bunch of gummed-up grease or oil. Depending on where you live in AK, I'm sure there are gunsmiths that can get it back in working order, but it's going to take proper maintenance to keep it working properly.
Old August 17, 2008, 07:07 PM   #3
jssbastiat

thanks sdc....one more question...the ejector is not working..

ok, i think i may have broken something off forcing it....

the ejector is not working...so, should i take the bolts apart to disassemble, etc?

i'll put oil down teh barrel, etc...i think i may have fired it....then it jammed...can't remember now....

can i get a schematic somewhere?
Old August 18, 2008, 01:49 AM   #4
jssbastiat

i got it fixed! thanks~!

ok, there is the bolt release bar on the left.....it was jammed...but, there was a little black button behind that and i pushed it in with a screw driver and it released it!...i cleaned it up and it works fine....

thanks for the help....

scotty