The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 16, 2002, 01:26 AM   #1
Will Batayte

TLC B.S. quiz

Take this quiz:
http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence...tive/quiz.html
Notice that when the questions are about terrorists or robbers there is no "shoot the terrorist or robber" choice. You also can't kill the dog. If I get attacked by a dog, I'm gonna find out just how effective a dog deterent my SP101 is. Just kinda makes me mad. I mean even If I didn't have my CCW I could still defend myself with one of my Spydie's. I'm sorry but I'm not gonna lie down and be a victim whether my attackers are man or canine. I wonder what they would say the right thing to do when you get atacked by a couger like that guy in the news recently. Just lay down and pretend the couger isn't there. I'll take mmy chances and fight but thats just me I guess.
Old August 16, 2002, 09:09 AM   #2
Christopher II

Not to mention that a few of the answers were out-and-out wrong...

Hell, it's a free service. Can't expect too much.

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key
Old August 16, 2002, 09:16 AM   #3
Hemicuda

13 out of 17... i'm alive, but injured...

I answered them with the BEST answer... and if I had the option of using a gun, I would have gotten them all right...

there are a few that Iam POSITIVE are wrong...

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.
Old August 17, 2002, 10:52 AM   #4
gryphon

I loved the questions about the tornado. "If a tornado is tearing apart your house, hide under a large piece of furniture"

Like my bedframe is going to be heavier and more secure than the house mounted to a foundation?!

Given their advice, I might as well jump into the damn tornado! I'd have a better chance.
Old August 20, 2002, 08:04 PM   #5
TheLastBoyScout

what a bunch of <female reproductive organs>. Just because THEY don't carry guns or train for unarmed combat, why do they assume others are all like them? for example, all the questions I got wrong (like the dog and crime/terrorism ones) could have been settled with 2 .45s COM if that was a possible answer.

such stupid people on the LEARNING channel. why not learn how to live your life under your own power instead of trusting the good will of a dog/ criminal
Old August 21, 2002, 01:38 PM   #6
EMS dude

Just a little more advice for all the sheep out there.

BAAAAAA! please dont kill me! BAAAA! Oh, nice dooggie, I promise I wont stare at you< AAAHHHH! My leg!! AHH, BAAAAAA!
Old August 21, 2002, 02:33 PM   #7
Blackhawk

Neat quiz!