The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 31, 2009, 02:18 PM   #151
scottaschultz

Wherever I am when this happens, I just hope there is a free WiFi hotspot closeby so I can get online with my laptop and check with the experts here on TFL before I make bad tactical move!

Scott
Old August 31, 2009, 04:04 PM   #152
markj

I had some camo made up like the pink panther wore at the end of the newer make. Blends me right in.

Safest way has been explained already

Imohtep

Imohtep

Just like in the movie...
Old September 20, 2009, 12:45 PM   #153
GLK

Quote:
As I have posted here before (and was apparently ignored), street gangs have their own brand of justice. They take this "An eye for an eye" thing very seriously and very literally. If you kill or even injure a gang member, you have upset a delicate balance and the only way to right the scales is for them to take out retribution on the person who took out one of their own. Don't underestimate their abilities. They have the manpower, the firepower and the money to follow through. They will not rest until your are dead... period! They have no respect for human life. The would just as soon kill you as give you the time of day. They have been known to shoot people just for wearing the colors of a rival gang on their turf.

So if you think this crowd will dispurse once you have doubled tapped one of the gang members, may god have mercy on your soul!

Scott
Ok Scott what is your answer, just let them kill you then and there so they won't kill you later. I won't live my life in fear of the what ifs in the future. I would hope that I would have the courage to die fighting rather than to live my as a coward of the future possibilities. Like I see quoted so many times on the Internet, "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to stand by and do nothing", or something to that affect. Can I assume that if you witnessed a murder committed by a verified gang member you would suddenly go deaf mute and blind? Personally I realized long ago that some thing are indeed worth risking death for and there are far worse things than death.

P.S. I realize that I am a bit late to this discussion but perspectives and attitudes likes Scott's just floor and sadden me.

Last edited by GLK; September 20, 2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added post script.
Old September 20, 2009, 02:52 PM   #154
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
Not much of a choice here, other than...I only have 6 rounds, so which one of you low-life cowards wants to be first?
[Brave tough guy]I don't think you can take us all, badass![/Brave tough guy] [Steven Seagal]Bang...tough guy dies. No, but I'll get an A for effort![/Steven Seagal]..........Above the Law
Old September 20, 2009, 03:08 PM   #155
rauke

How to handle this angry mob?

1) Assess the threat: are they really after you?
2) If they appear to be, try and hightail it out of there.
3) If you can’t, cheat! Step into the middle of their path, Glock in one hand, physically blocking their path. Appear to be signalling to two (non-existent) buddies of yours on their left and right flanks. This show of bravado displays equal and proportionate aggression, which should give them some pause to think---“Are we sure he’s alone? How many others are with him? What sort of weapons are they armed with?” Remember that it's what we don't know that frightens us.
4) Order them to stop and warn them that you will open fire if they do not.
5) If they decide to call your bluff and start charging in earnest, open fire. Shoot down the noisiest members first. Try to pick off their leader(s).
6) When your first magazine runs dry, veer away sharply and reload behind cover.
7) Open up again, this time from behind cover, and try and use up your entire ammo supply.
8) Reserve the proverbial last bullet for your self. If you are afraid to die, you have no chance of controlling the situation at all.
Old September 21, 2009, 10:39 AM   #156
scottaschultz

Quote:
Ok Scott what is your answer, just let them kill you then and there so they won't kill you later
My preference is not to get killed at all!

My point was supposed to be that some people think that carrying a gun somehow makes them invincible and they will be able to shoot their way out of any situation. Where ever I go and whatever I do, I do it as if I did not have a gun with me. I have never drawn my weapon and I would have to say that I have never even "postured" in a situation to let someone else know that I have a weapon.

I know some of the answers here were made in jest, but some people in many of the T&T threads, not just this one, are clearly not thinking of the consequences of their actions. Carrying a lethal weapon is an incredible responsibility and even though I am sure I will get in a lot of trouble for saying this, some people here don't "get it" and shouldn't be carrying!

There is the old saying, "I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" and some of the people here should be very careful in what they ask for!

That is my opinion. I understand that yours may be different, but that's what makes the world go 'round!

Scott
Old September 21, 2009, 11:07 AM   #157
GLK

Thank you for making it easier for me to understand, I pretty much totally agree with your last post and also conduct myself accordingly. I was looking at it from a no way out other than fight scenario(so much gets lost or doesn't read as intended during online conversations). No need to worry in regards to;
Quote:
I am sure I will get in a lot of trouble for saying this, some people here don't "get it" and shouldn't be carrying!
We will get in trouble together as I absolutely agree with you on that.
Old September 23, 2009, 06:39 AM   #158
wyatt3d

I didn't think this thread would have much effect on me but going hunting this weekend (I'm from South Texas) and hunt in a very remote area with lots of illegal alien traffic.

I've had several encounters in the past 30 yrs I've hunted and lived down there and most everyone of them has been a non issue, they either avoid you completely or ask for water, food, or work. But you can bet your a$$ when you are talking to one or two there are usually another 5-10 hiding in the brush, waiting to see if it's safe to come out. I've always sent them on their way and for their saftey called the Border Patrol to pick them up before they die of starvation and dehydration.

Now in the last 5 yrs or so I have heard of some bad encounters where the illegals have become a little more brazen and aggressive including a break in at our place last month!!

I've always open carried my .45 (7+1) when on the ranch but I believe I'll be carrying my XD-9 from now on with an extra magazine!!