The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old December 16, 2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Chet Punisher

Portland mall shooter confronted by CCW

Get the word out! The mainstream media won't.

It is my opinion that the main stream media will bury a story like this because it argues against everything they preach. Form Bob Costas talking about the suicide of the Chiefs football player, but not saying anything when another player uses his car to murder someone. I find it interesting when heroes stand up to murders, it isn't news, but when those heroes are absent, it is the guns fault.

http://youtu.be/BuLgO4wo4xI

Edit: I got an infraction, so I decided to post my opinion on the matter.

Last edited by Chet Punisher; December 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old December 16, 2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Sher Khan

I saw this story on another blog, and tried to verify it by checking the original source: www.kgw.com, a Portland Oregon station. The station seems to have pulled their original video from the site, and I could only find videos regarding victims, the shooter, etc. This needs to be followed up -- preferably by someone in the Portland area -- and publicized widely if it's accurate. It certainly provides a credible counter-narrative to what the mainstream media and the Administration are issuing.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:03 AM   #3
Nickel Plated

I thinks the fact that he DIDN'T shoot also proves a good point. The media always likes to claim that arming citizens is a disaster waiting to happen because they are not trained and will just start randomly spraying bullets everywhere once anything happens.

Well look at this man who decided against pulling the trigger because he couldn't make a safe shot. And compare him against the so-called "only ones qualified to carry a gun" at the Empire State Building who fired on a perp who was no threat to them, with absolutely no regard for their backstop and ended up hitting 12 people in the process.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:12 AM   #4
FlySubCompact

interesting. Amazed the NRA is not all over this to interview the guy and verify.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Chet Punisher

From what I understand is that this information is just coming out in the last 24 hours. I am sure we will be hearing more about it as personal interviews begin. I found this on a facebook post. Then researched it and found it on several other forums. I didn't see it here, so I thought I would post it up. I find it interesting that the local news already pulled the video from their NBC run station.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Amazed the NRA is not all over this to interview the guy and verify.
It's a hard story to verify unless witnesses come forward to back up the guy's story.
Old December 16, 2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Metal god

Is there a detailed account of what and where the gunman did the shooting . I ask cus the CCW guy says he heard 3 shots the gun jammed and then he believes the gunman took his own life with one more shot . That is a total of 4 shots fired . Is that the official count . If not why did he not hear the other shots . Might be a way of confirming his story .

I would think it's unlikely anyone saw him pull his gun they all were running ducking for cover or looking at the gunman rather then others around them .

Finding the friends he was with and them confirming the story would go a long ways .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old December 16, 2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Bud Helms

Under discussion here.

Closed.
Closed Thread