The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 28, 2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Firepower!

HD: weapons, ammo and personnal

What do you have accessible in case you are attacked by atleast 5 hostiles, all equiped with Ak47s (with 10 mags each) and a Sig220 as side arm?

What weapons do you have at hand?

How much ammo?

How many trained folks in the house to aggresively take on the fight?

Finally, do you have enough firepower to defeat and neutralize the hostiles? If not, pursuant to your plan, how long can you hold out before police or rescue get there?

Or will you simply capitulate to their demands because you are out matched in this scenario?
Old March 28, 2009, 06:43 AM   #2
alloy

Quote:
What do you have accessible in case you are attacked by atleast 5 hostiles, all equiped with Ak47s (with 10 mags each) and a Sig220 as side arm?
we must live in different worlds because i keep a .380 in the nightstand, 7 round magazine...guess i'm SOL.
Old March 28, 2009, 06:59 AM   #3
jgcoastie

Quote:

I generally try not to **** off that many people at one time...

Plus I doubt they would attempt it at my house... It's too well protected...

Not to mention a few questions I have: What the hell are they coming for? My collection of dirty socks and underwear that's sitting in the laundry hamper??? Why do they need 10 mags for their AK's? Is their aim really that bad? (If it is, I could definately hold out) And where did they find that much 7.62x39mm ammo?

Come on, is this realistic??? I think not... Unless we're all joining a mob tomorrow...
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Last edited by jgcoastie; March 28, 2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old March 28, 2009, 07:19 AM   #4
csmsss

FYI...the OP lives in Pakistan and apparently faces genuine security concerns from bandits, Taliban and the like, so no, I don't think this is an internet commando post.

That said, I don't think he provided enough information to effectively answer his theoretical. First, he hasn't said exactly what is being defended - a house, a business, a farm, what? What is the physical layout, what are the points of entry/exit, is this to be defended round the clock or just for a short period of time, how long would the defense be expected to hold out until help arrived (assuming help could be summoned, of course), etc. etc.
Old March 28, 2009, 07:24 AM   #5
alloy

Of course he does, and i am france right now, but the fact remains that its an odd question for a predominantly english speaking forum mainly frequented by people in the united states....and i dont frequently discuss guns with pakistanis(maybe im jaded), so i will bow out of this one, and i probably should have simply left it alone on this fine saturday morning, adieu and apologies to the OP and forum at large. Obviously i was insensitive after 3 cups of java.
Old March 28, 2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Firepower!

With talibans as in my adjoining district, I have to keep myself prepared, especially when I am so vocally against them.

Unless we get outside help its a lost cause.

Layout is generic and we are defending life and property.
Old March 28, 2009, 07:31 AM   #7
csmsss

Quote:
Layout is generic and we are defending life and property.
Still, we need to know more. And are you sure that your theoretical assault team won't have access to RPG's? Those are fairly common over there, from what I gather. That will certainly complicate matters, to say the least. How much clear ground is there between you and likely assembly/launch points? Do you have access to night vision gear? How about your theoretical adversaries? What kind of fields of fire does your defense team have? Will they need to defend a 360 degree perimeter? How many stories in the structure you're defending? What is the construction method of the structure being defended? What projectiles will the walls defeat?

You see what I'm getting at, right? The more you can rely upon the physical defendability of the place you're defending, the fewer defenders you need.
Old March 28, 2009, 07:34 AM   #8
kayakersteve

Well....

In that case, keep FIVE Ak47s (with 10 mags each) and FIVE Sig220 as side arms.

Maybe you could pick up a fully auto rifle to give you a fighting chance??

I would be careful about how vocal I am in THEIR country when they don't really believe in orderly conduct. Talk heavy once you are stateside...
Old March 28, 2009, 07:35 AM   #9
PoorSoulInJersey

if you noticed, the OP's location is Pakistan.... it's not like the world some of us live in. That might be a reasonable stretch.

Against an opposing force of that size and armament, an individual is best served by a good escape route. Unless he's Rambo or a character played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Old March 28, 2009, 10:48 AM   #10
Naterstein

I have my 6 shot 870 loaded with 00 buck (one for each of em plus one to spare). Just need to bottleneck em in the front door I guess.
Old March 28, 2009, 10:57 AM   #11
#18indycolts

pepper spray
Old March 28, 2009, 11:21 AM   #12
Only S&W and Me

I second the thought...hire John Rambo or John Matrix.... they are your only chance against such forces. If alone then AK47's with plenty of loaded mags ready to go with a very good bunker location.
Old March 28, 2009, 11:26 AM   #13
Cerick

+1 naterstein. Bottleneck them in a hallway or doorway. Maybe go with 870 slugs to for ultimate penetration and hope for collateral damage.
Old March 28, 2009, 11:37 AM   #14
KChen986

If you live in an area like that, you'll probably need sandbags, 8 guards with Radio Comms and a machine gun nest

Seriously though, do you have some form of a gate?

Armor?

Can your neighbors come to your aid?

Can you post a sharp shooter on an adjacent building's roof?
Old March 28, 2009, 06:28 PM   #15
bigghoss

Old March 28, 2009, 06:31 PM   #16
jgcoastie

Hahaha @ ^^^
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
Old March 29, 2009, 04:08 PM   #17
FyredUp

Okay seriously, I would build a hardened room in my house. Cement or cement block walls, steel plate on the doors and windows, remote ventilation system, food and water, cameras so I could see what was going on outside and last but not least, some strategically placed claymores.

At night everyone gets moved into the room and sleeps there. During the day any hint of an attack everyone heads to the hardened room. Of course it goes without saying that I would have an ample supply of whatever weapons I had access to. Some full auto ones would be nice and i expect completely available.
Old March 29, 2009, 04:40 PM   #18
OLNfan

I very much agree with a panic room. BUT saying this I would get as much practise in with my firearms as possible. I believe that Taliban aren’t professionals, and don’t have anywhere near the capable resources to be much better than a self taught. Let’s be honest, the ak47 may look scary but if I ever saw my enemy carrying that I would be somewhat relieved because I know odds are I will be much more accurate than they are. I would have an exit strategy outside the house. Only cause it doesn’t take much to aim a firearm at someone inside a building. If you’re like me you would stand a better chance outside of the house. But if I were staying the house at this point I wouldn’t care about shooting through my walls. THUS leaveing me with the Benelli m4 12 gage take the plug out and filler full of 00 buck shot. I figure a shotgun belt full of buck/slug will be fine odds are you will die or kill your opponent before you use it all.
"Dear Governor Axtell. I've heard that you will give 200 dollars for my head. Perhaps we should meet and talk. I am at the Juarez village at the border. Send 3 men, and instruct them not to shoot, as I am unarmed. In short, Sir; I surrender. Your obedient servant William H. Bonney. PS: I changed my mind. Kiss my ass."
Old March 29, 2009, 04:42 PM   #19
pax

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=270787

Closed, with prejudice.

pax
Closed Thread