The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 13, 2006, 01:37 PM   #1
zeisloft

Freelance writing

Freelance writing
I have noticed a few here who do a bit of writing for some of the outdoor magazines. I would address this as a PM to those who do, but figure there may be others who just don’t advertise the fact.

I enjoy the time spent in the great out of doors and often times take the time to tell the tale, regardless of the fruit it may produce. I come from a long line of story tellers and various long winded type and received praise for my method of stringing words together from friends and listeners. I would like to share on a broader scale; I have no aspirations for becoming some great outdoor journalist, just interested in spinning some yarns.

For those of you who do write, how does one go about getting ones boot in the door for some “sometimes” work? Thanks, feel free to drop me an email if needed.
~z

Obviously, Occam was not a reloader
Old March 13, 2006, 03:43 PM   #2
fisherman66

I've sent mine to www.chuckhawks.com. If he deems it "publish-able" he puts it up (he edited some sentences, but not in content.) I never expected payment and so far I havn't been disappointed in that aspect.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/fishing_adventure.htm

I guess I'm giving away my anonymity, but I doubt anyone pays any attention to me.