The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 11, 2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Jump boot

Old Weaver scope

I have a Weaver V9-W scope (made in USA).It is a 3x-9x wide field occular eye piece with an adjustable objective .Can anybody give me any insight as to how old this scope is and how good it is.?
Old February 14, 2005, 07:04 PM   #2
greg531mi

There were a lot of Weavers made....From 1950's to the 1980's.....ok for their time, the most popular scope back then......Today at the gun dealer, saw a bunch of the in a box for $20-$40.......Looked through them, and not that clear or bright than my new $30 Tasco World Class....
Scopes have really improved since the 80's...
Hope that answer's your questions.....
Old February 15, 2005, 07:26 AM   #3
Jump boot

Thanks Greg,
I was at the gun shop yesterday having the scope mounted and bore sighted on my new CDL and an elderly gentleman,like myself, came over and went crazy over that old scope.They were a good quality scope for their time and he said it was a late 60's,early 70's wide track scope.I held it up along side my Lupolds and it seems fairly clear as well.Being all steel construction though,it sure adds some weight to the rifle.But then again,I might need it to tame down the recoil.