The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old July 19, 2002, 07:57 PM   #1
ZipTieNinja

Calling All Pittsylvania County Va Residents!!!

Thought I would pass this along. I am entering, and thought others might want to, and its for a good cause.

The American Tactical Shooting Federation is having a shoot July 27/28 at Goodyear's range on Goodyear Blvd. It is a fund raiser for the In car camera fund and they are giving away many nice door prizes, including raffling a Kimber CDP 2. The entry fee is $30.00 and you get a shirt, ear plugs, and a door prize ticket/ additional tickets are $2.00. The raffle on the Kimber is $30.00 each or 2 for $40.00. Heats are Duty and Off Duty for Law enforcement Open -for civi's only The Gauntle open all- this is a combat course using 2 pistols and a rifle- cals. are .223,.308, .30-06, 7.62/39, .30, and .303 Compact carry max. 4" bbl. Min. .380 Thunder- .357 and up Steel plate challenge- .38 to .45 acp- cast bullets only Two man team High female Competitors Award Please come and bring people with you- lets support the law enforcement community and show shooting in a good light for people, also- let''s get together for a good time. Starts at 9:00 am each day. For more info contact John Drummond at 434-432-1018 or [email protected] or call him at Shooter's Gun and Police at 836-4050 Hope to see you there.

Background info: We lost a Sheriffs Deputy a couple months back. He was shoot in the head by a person he had siting in his front passinger seat. The cameras will act as a deterrent for future crack heads. I never had the privilege of meeting Frankie Lynn Betterton, but I have heard he was one of the best we had, and was always helping out with his church and community. If your in South Western Va, come join us. This is the first deputy we have lost, ever. Help us make it the last.

More info can be found at
http://www.wsls.com/news/localnews/MGBR8ALBJ1D.html
Old July 19, 2002, 09:51 PM   #2
ClydeVA

Hope to make it on Sunday

More Info about the Match(.pdf format)