The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old May 20, 2009, 02:46 PM   #1
jhammer

ATTN: Internet 7CR Printouts

I believe this is worthy of a sticky.

I received a call from a very nice lady with the ATF this afternoon. THE ATF DOES NOT ACCEPT PRINTED FORM 7CR's FROM THE INTERNET. I learned this the hard way because I was waiting and waiting for my 7CR to come in and I got too anxious and printed one off. She said they're calling a bunch of people because someone put it on the internet and the ATF has been having to call people and clean up the mess. So, if anyone submitted one printed off the internet, the ATF will call you and give you a # for the distribution center.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:44 PM   #2
BobbyT

That's interesting...I'm pretty sure people started scanning them in years ago, considering you can find the 90s versions online.

I sent in a printed one a week or two ago and yesterday they charged my card, so I assume that means they're processing me.

I mean if the form works well enough for them to get my CC info and consent to charge it, it makes it hard to claim it's not acceptable for the application, you know?
Old May 20, 2009, 10:46 PM   #3
jhammer

Yup, I see what you mean. They told me that since the card was charged already, to write payment already received on the new one and that they would find it. I'm pretty sure I used an up to date one, but apparently the ATF thought different. Ah well, only a minor inconvenience I guess....
Old May 23, 2009, 11:44 PM   #4
stickhauler

If You Need A Real Form...

And don't want to wait till they get around to sending it out, get with me on e-mail, I have an extra form I can send you. I ordered the application twice, and got my second form about 3 weeks after my license arrived.
Old May 24, 2009, 01:07 AM   #5
jhammer

Actually, I got really lucky there! My real forms I ordered back in March came in the mail the very next day.