The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old November 24, 2010, 03:30 PM   #1
mshootnit

Just applied for C&R license

Hey guys,

I just submitted my application for C&R license and I am pretty excited about it. I am also out of the loop regarding what I need to do to conduct transactions according to the law. Any direct advise or help finding a good primer would be appreciated.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:50 AM   #2
PA-Joe

They will send you a FFl. Do not sign the original (save that to make photocopies). Make a few copies and sign those. Mail or bring a signed copy to the seller and that is it. You must also start a bound ledger book to record your C&R purchases. Must list from whom and when you purchased it, serial numbers and then the date and to whom you sold it to.

Remember that as a C&R you are a collector and not a gun dealer so you have to limit what you sell out of your collection.
Old December 6, 2010, 04:14 PM   #3
crankyoldlady

You will also receive a large manila envelope containing printed material and a DVD which will answer most of your questions.
Old December 7, 2010, 04:49 PM   #4
jjk308

BTW that "bound book" is just a legal term. You can use a 3 ring binder as all the entries are numbered. Some are available on the internet. Just be sure to add the required info immediately and dont just scratch it on a gunshow price ticket then lose it before you get home