The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old June 10, 2009, 04:28 AM   #1
Hellbilly5000

Iphone

Why does this website log me out after 2 or 3 min when i am on my iphone
Old June 10, 2009, 06:17 AM   #2
stargazer65

Is your iphone operating frequency interfering with your wireless router frequency? Wireless frequency interference is very common.
Old June 10, 2009, 09:51 AM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

They're very anti-Apple. Didn't you see the thread wherein I tried telling people to get a Mac and the Mods all hate them?
Old June 10, 2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Is it as long as 2 or 3 minutes? Someone must have messed with the Iphone Detection and Intermittent Operations Termination parameters - the timeout factor is supposed to be set to 1 minute.

Seriously, we don't automatically log off any account until 20 minutes of idle time has elapsed. You need to look closer to home for the answer.
Old June 10, 2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Hellbilly5000

I figured it out i think And other then my iphone i dont have any internet so please pardon the spelling and grammer errors
Old June 10, 2009, 01:48 PM   #6
Wagonman

Wow, that must be a PITA. I know when I access the boards from my iTouch at work it is challenging to navigate. But, well worth the effort.

The forum is blocked on the hospital's Wifi I use.:barf:
Old June 10, 2009, 02:13 PM   #7
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal H
Iphone
Detection and
Intermittent
Operations
Termination
Good one.
Old June 11, 2009, 01:22 AM   #8
Hellbilly5000

Mal H I figured it was operator error I was looking more for what I was doing wrong, I have not had a problem sense I clicked the remember me tab
Old June 11, 2009, 01:27 AM   #9
Playboypenguin

About half of the posts I make on here are from my iPhone and I never have that issue at all.
Old June 11, 2009, 02:58 AM   #10
Hellbilly5000

I have had this thing for 2 days and still figuring it out
Old June 11, 2009, 02:17 PM   #11
tyme
Staff

When you log in, are you selecting "remember me"?

If not, that could be part of the problem. Select that and it will automatically log you back in if your session times out or is otherwise lost.

Sessions are based on:
1. cookies
2. ip address

If your ip address changes radically, that will reset your session. If you've selected "remember me" it _should_ still log you back in without any noticeable interruption.

However, if browser cookies are getting cleared, there is no way for vbulletin to compensate. In that case, you'll need to keep your iphone browser from clearing the cookies vbulletin depends on.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)