The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 30, 1999, 09:20 PM   #1
swehrman

Well I just took my new (well new to me anyhow) Hi-Power in .40 S&W to the range today for the first time. After about 150 rounds the front sight sheared off. The part that sits in the dovetail is still sitting in the dovetail, and the blade is completely off of the gun. The finish on the slide that was under the front sight is messed up so it's going to need to be redone. I want to replace the current sights with the Novak three dot system. Does he make a low profile adjustable rear sight? Can anyone recommend a smith to replace the sights, repair the finish on the slide, and work on the trigger?
Old January 30, 1999, 10:22 PM   #2
old biker

Cylinder & Slide is it with the Browning HPs.

------------------

AFFA
Old February 1, 1999, 08:29 AM   #3
Rosco Benson

Kurt Wickman, who works at Novaks, is the best P-35 'smith extant. Novaks has a website that is hosted by and accessed through the S,M & A site (www.colt380.com). You might also check with Brian Bilbey (www.45acp.com) and, as another poster mentioned, Bill Laughridge of Cylinder & Slide does a nice P-35.

Novak does not make any adjustable sights. They will sight in their fixed sights for your load of choice as part of the installation. The P-35's slide and hammer relationship is such that Bo-mar adjustables need to be mounted a bit forward of the rear of the slide and end up being awful looking.

Rosco
Old February 3, 1999, 09:52 AM   #4
Jim V

If you are looking for adjustable sights that have the three dot system try: MINATURE MACHINE CORP. at
http://www.mmcorp.com. Rugged as an M1 Abrams, click adjustable for elevation and drift adjustable for left/right. And they look something like Novak's sights.

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 02-03-99).]
Old February 3, 1999, 09:38 PM   #5
swehrman

Jim, I just tried http://www.mmcorp.com, and got a multimedia corporation web page. I don't think this is the correct address. Can you double check for me. Thanks.

-- Scott
Old February 3, 1999, 11:37 PM   #6
Jim V

OOOOOOOOPS:

Minature Machine Corp

http://www.mmcsight.com

The sights are great, I just can't read and type very well.

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 02-03-99).]
Old February 17, 1999, 11:39 AM   #7
Tom B

Jim Stroh at Alpha Precision built my 40 Hi Power and did an excellent job. Jim Garthwaite also is one of the best.