The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 18, 2005, 04:24 PM   #1
farmall

Pacific Reloader

I was recently gifted with a Pacific DL 105 single stage press. Anyone familiar with these? All seems pretty straightforward. Been using Lee Load All 2 for years and about worn out. Already found powder and shot bushings from Hornady will fit. Hope to load with it this weekend.
Old June 18, 2005, 05:45 PM   #2
LHB1

Hi Farmall,
Your mention of powder and shot bushings implies that your press is a shotgun reloader. Pacific brand reloading tools were well known, good quality products in the 60's and 70's. My memory is a little fuzzy but seems like Pacific, C-H, and Bair rifle/pistol reloading presses were very similar. Bair may have made the Pacific and C-H reloaders. Don't know what happened but all three brands disappeared. Perhaps some other oldtimers have more specific knowledge and/or better memories. If your Pacific press is in working condition, then use it.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB
Old June 19, 2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Larry Ashcraft

I use an old Pacific for my 12 ga loads. I just bought a new MEC for my 28 ga loads and the two are almost identical in operation.

I can load a box of 12 ga on the Pacific in about 10 minutes.
Old June 20, 2005, 06:33 PM   #4
dooleytx

Pacific DL 105

Been using a DL 105 in 12 & 20ga for many years & it turns out good loads when properly adjusted, particularly the crimp & finish taper. Hornady bushings fit. Be sure to check actual weight of powder & shot thrown as it may vary from the charts as in the Lyman shotshell manual. BTW, if you don't like your press, let me know!
Old June 21, 2005, 08:36 PM   #5
farmall

Thanks for the help, guys. I set it up this weekend. Loaded a few shells Sunday. I got the crimps adjusted ok, but still leaving tiny hole in the center. Any idea where I could get a manual for this thing?? I will try Hornady tomorrow. Here in Southeast NE, all things Hornady, Pacific, and Bair turn up fairly regularly, so maybe I'll have some luck. Who Knows?
Old June 23, 2005, 06:49 PM   #6
farmall

Very impressed with Hornady. Called them and instruction book and bushing charts are on their way, free of charge! Not too bad for a machine thats been out of production for over 20 years.