The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 26, 2006, 07:08 AM   #1
Rusty Joe

Brinkmann Maxfire LX

Hi guys,

Gotta let you know, I am a security gaurd and have been through many different flashlights. I work the graveyard shift and needed a good one and I got one. My trusty and cheap little Brinkmann Maxfire LX is the best damn flashlight I've ever used or come across. Mine is the one with two lithium batteries in the package. It's brighter than any others I've tested. I even went down to the local tactical store in my area and tested it against the $90+ lights and I wasn't as impressed as I was with this little light.

I used to use Maglites until I found out how sucky they are. Tried Dorcy and found some good ones, but none as bright as this little thing.

Anyway, passing along my happiness with it. Only $20 bucks at walmart.

RJ
Old July 4, 2006, 02:38 AM   #2
Optical Serenity

thanks for the review, i'll check it out!
Old July 5, 2006, 02:19 PM   #3
sjones

Joe,thanks for the info.I went to walmart and bought one and I have to admit it is becurity guard so it will come in very hanright,a lot better than my mag light.I am also a security guard so I will get a lot of use out of it. sj
Old July 5, 2006, 02:34 PM   #4
mtnbkr

I've had two of the original models for several years now. They work well except that they're not all that durable. Both of mine have minor switch issues (one is now a momentary switch). The bulbs are expensive and only available via mail order from Brinkmann.

If/when I replace them, it will be with some sort of 1watt Luxeon LED light.

Chris
Old July 20, 2006, 03:24 AM   #5
guntotin_fool

yeah bulbs are expensive but they last way longer than SF and if you buy the light at target they are often under 15 bucks, buy your batteries at amondotech for a buck a piece and when the lamp burns buy another whole light.

these are my car flashlights.