The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old October 24, 2007, 11:25 AM   #1
lawrnk

Do not buy from J & G Sales

I ordered a CZ-52 pistol from them on Monday. I faxed the FFL and got confirmation. The said they never got it. Called and they said it would ship Tuesday. Got another email on Monday that they did not get the FFL, faxed again. They never got it. Fax and emailed today, and a pre-pubecent sounding boy answered and said we can't get it to you until Monday. 26 bucks for overnight shipping, and you are lucky to get it in a week. I told them where to go, and will order elsewhere from now on.
www.jgsales.com
Old October 24, 2007, 11:56 AM   #2
armoredman

I am surprised, as I have had several good dealings with J&G. I hope you give them the chance to make it right for you.
Old October 25, 2007, 06:33 PM   #3
BlkHawk73

So basically the issue was with the fax transaction correct? I've had times when a fax didn't go through even though it was "confirmed". Best way is to send the fx while on the phone with them waiting at the fax machine.
I think them leting you know they hadn't recieved the fax via e-mail was pretty good of them. Others wouldn't have.
Second, $26 seems darn cheap for overnight.
I've had goo luck with them before and would do buisness with them again. I can accept an error now and then since like you and I, they're human too.
Old October 25, 2007, 06:42 PM   #4
rgates

Never trust those fax confirmations. In my business we receive and send hundreds every day and I can tell you from experience -- fax machines lie!
If they really did not receive it, they could do nothing.
Old October 25, 2007, 10:06 PM   #5
oldbillthundercheif

So I shouldn't buy from them because your fax machine is broken?

I've bought from J&G a few times and it was always a trouble-free transaction. They are better than most online gunshops, that's for damn sure.

Mail them your papers or buy a new fax machine, but J&G is not the problem.
Old October 26, 2007, 11:12 AM   #6
SShooterZ

I've had issues with J&G swapping ammo brands from what was posted on their site vs. what was shipped.

Other than that, they've been very reliable.
Old October 26, 2007, 12:18 PM   #7
OJ

FWIW, I saw the J&G ad in SGN for Wolf 308 ammo at something like $6.25 per box and , on going to their web site, found the price to be $7.00 - $7.99 per box. I complained and their explanation was that SGN was slow about changing their prices in ads and I should give it a couple of weeks.

Now, a couple of months down the road, the SGN ad hasn't changed - could it be SGN is really that slow????

Or, is J&G just running a misleading ad???
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
Old October 26, 2007, 07:26 PM   #8
Eghad

I have had several dealings with J&G sales. My FFL transfer guy doesnt fax anything he put it in the mail. Once recieved my first order was promptly shipped. After it was on file I just ordered over the Internet didnt even call. There service to me has always been prompt and quick. The merchandise was usually as good but most of the times better than advertised.

Twenty six bucks is cheaper than any other place I know for shipping a handgun. If you were not on fire to get it they could have shipped it via priorty mail to the FFL way cheaper and it would only have tkaen a couple of days longer.

NRA Life Member
Old October 26, 2007, 07:28 PM   #9
MDman

I too have had good relations with J&G
Old October 30, 2007, 01:03 PM   #10
ezrescue

WOW, I have to concur with the others. I am a FFL dealer and have had MANY transactions with them without a hitch. I agree with the blame being on the fax. That's another reason I only accept original signature FFL's thru the mail.
Old October 30, 2007, 01:10 PM   #11
tomh1426

I like J&G alot, I got alot of stuff from them and I have always been happy.
I live a few hours away so I never had them ship me anything.
Old November 2, 2007, 07:20 AM   #12
Huntergirl

One of the best deals I ever got was from J&G Sales, on a SW 4583 new. Sorry to hear the fax was on the blink, but as for the company, I disagree.
They were very good folks to me.
Old November 2, 2007, 01:56 PM   #13
rcupka

I have used J&G many times for accessories, mags, and ammo althought I have never bought a gun from the yet. I have had great service. All the orders were over the internet with no human intervention. Items arrived on time or in some causes earlier than I expected and as good or better than advertised. I think you must have been the exception rather than the norm.
Old November 8, 2007, 09:26 PM   #14
mcmoyer

Another very satisfied J&G customer here.
Old November 27, 2007, 09:01 PM   #15
rustyfirst

J&G has been very, very good to me

I've done business with them several times and always been happy. They might employ some youngsters, but they're square shooters in my book!
Old November 29, 2007, 06:51 AM   #16
AFshooter

I ordered 1000 rds. of Wolf MT .22LR from them in August.
Today is the second to last day of November and I'm still waiting.
Every time I ask how long to expect they say "could be any day".
:barf:
Worst online retailer I have dealt with BY FAR.

Nebraska Concealed Carry
Old September 2, 2008, 01:07 PM   #17
niblipix

Shoddy business practices.

I worked for J and G for 3 years. I was their warehouse man, gunsmith and sales person. The owners are very ruthless and are only concerned about money. The first thing Brad would do in the late morning when he got there was to go straight to the cash register and see how much money was taken in. He would walk right past us employees without even a good morning or greeting. I repaired and put out for sale many unsafe guns, which they would sometimes (and sometimes not) tag as "gunsmith specials" sold with no refund or waranty. When shipments came in, they would unscrupulously remove all the accessories (mags, slings, etc) normally supplied with the guns and sell them seperately. One of the worse things that they made me do there was when they took in a trade on a used Ladysmith Smith and Wesson, they instructed me to clean it up, and they put it out for sale as new. A lady purchased it a couple of days later unaware. I still regret that. Ive also cleaned up suicide guns of their dried blood and hair and put them out for sale unbeknownst to the buyer. They control their employees through fear. The so called manager Tom is a whole new ball of wax, I wont even get started about him. I could go on and on. Their bad news guys. Im not being spiteful, I just wanted to share some of my experiences.
Old September 2, 2008, 02:31 PM   #18
pinstripe

Sounds as if technology is not your friend!
Old September 19, 2008, 05:06 PM   #19
DaveLee

Excellent Experience

I'm coming late to the discussion.

After reading this thread for the first time Tuesday night (September 15), I decided to see what J&G had to offer.

I discovered an excellent deal on .380 ammunition and decided to order 10 boxes, despite some adverse comments here,

The ammo arrived today (September 19)!

I live in Washington state. Usually, I'm at the end of a long supply chain.

Anyway, Here's one good experience with J&G. I'll order again.
Old September 19, 2008, 08:22 PM   #20
Shane Tuttle
Staff

How in the world does a thread get resurrected for no apparent reason...especially after you have to hit that icon/box stating the thread is older than dirt.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old September 20, 2008, 01:02 PM   #21
Don H

It got resurrected because a disgruntled ex-employee wanted to trash J&G ("Im not being spiteful") on his first post to TFL.
Old October 26, 2009, 10:04 PM   #22
gandog56

I've bout about 3-4 rifles from them with no problems. Of course, I mailed in a signed copy of my C&R before I ever ordered from them.
Old October 27, 2009, 12:20 PM   #23
kennymauser

I have done quite a bit of business with them and have never been disappointed! Their e-mail flyer is usually up to date and you know if it is stock right away!
Just my experiences,
Ken
Old October 27, 2009, 01:00 PM   #24
Blov

Talk about an old thread. I've always had good luck with J&G. Maybe not the best service, but good prices. No complaints.
Old October 27, 2009, 07:46 PM   #25
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I don't see the need for this to continue. If someone genuinely has an honest feedback regarding J&G and actually sticks around TFL long enough that it isn't their only post here, crank up another thread.

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread