The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 17, 2008, 08:12 PM   #1
FrontSight

I Demand That Fox Hunting Be Banned!!!

This Is An Outrage!! How Can We Permit Such A Thing In Today's Society??!! Have We Lost All Control?!! Have We No Morals Or Decency Left?!!!

Anyone Who Looks At This Picture And Condones It....all I Can Say Is That You Will Be Judged In The Afterlife!!

This...must...be...stopped....right...nowwwww!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fox hunting.JPG (68.2 KB, 508 views)
Old January 17, 2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Dirty_Harry

I am a little slow, but, your joking right?

Funny picture though.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." -John Wayne
Old January 17, 2008, 08:35 PM   #3
FrontSight

LOL...um, YAH, of course I am...

Old January 17, 2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Playboypenguin

Don't worry about it...

...he will only take what he can eat and I do not think they eat humans...at least I hope not.
Old January 17, 2008, 09:16 PM   #5
hunter33

lol....
Old January 17, 2008, 09:35 PM   #6
BBYRFT

Funny Stuff

That is by far the funniest thing I've seen online in a while, and the build up was perfect! I was about to pop and start a rant for a reply until I opened the pic. I loved it
In the Drive: 99 Dakota 318ci, 04 Honda Shadow
Old January 18, 2008, 01:30 AM   #7
Chris Phelps

That was hysterical!!!

Even though I knew you were joking before I viewed the picture.. I still wasn't expecting that!
Bushmaster Superlight AR-15 5.56mm / Custom 24" Heavy BBL Varmint AR-15 5.56mm / Ruger M77 .257 Roberts / Ruger MKI 22LR Pistol / EAA Witness 9mm Pistol / Daisy 2202 22LR / Remington Viper 522 22LR / Stevens 200 .223 / Savage 10FP 24" .308 / Mauser 98 Sporter 30-06
Old January 18, 2008, 06:15 AM   #8
rednecker92

hehehe i laughed my tail off when i opened that picture up expecting to see some p.e.t.a stuff
Old January 18, 2008, 10:34 AM   #9
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Very Disapointed!!!

While I was pretty sure it was gonna be a joke...
I was hoping to see a busty young lady dressed in a very skimpy bikini holding a gun...
Brent
Old January 18, 2008, 02:33 PM   #10
castnblast

yeah, for a second there, I thought one of those pinko liberal gun hating wimps got on this page...Funny stuff! Great wind up!
Old January 18, 2008, 07:12 PM   #11
Malexander

Here in the UK they banned fox hunting with dogs a few years ago. A whole load of rich landed gentry types got annoyed and kept doing it. The Police has better things to do than spend the weekend chasing people all over the countryside so they more or less get away with it.

Personally, I don't care for the idea of dressing up in bright red and riding a horse after a pack of dogs that are about the rip an animal apart after chasing it for miles across the fields of England. Not an effective means of pest control whatsoever as they don't actually catch anything much of the time. When they do its pretty unpleasant.

I reckon it's one thing to shoot something dead nice and quick and quite another to chase something down and rip it apart.

Just my two cents (or 'p' as we call it this side of the pond)

Amusing picture btw.
Old January 19, 2008, 02:26 PM   #12
mesabi

Fnny Funny Funny! I was expecting to see a picture or a hunter with a pile of foxes, rabbits, and everything else he could shoot with his .22. That picture is now my new background for my computer. Thank You so much!!!
Old January 19, 2008, 03:18 PM   #13
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Malexander, I disremember who commented about the "Ride to the Hounds!" as, "The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible."

But the formalized English fox-hunting is a drastically watered-down version of court hunts in Italy during the time of the Borgias. Hundreds of fancily-dressed people on horseback, peasants as beaters, spears/swords/bows and many mastiff-sized dogs.

But I find it difficult to get all exercised over folks' enjoyment of their fox-hunting, one way or the other. Any way you look at it, it's still just a fox. Sure doesn't endanger the species in any way...

, Art
Old January 19, 2008, 06:33 PM   #14
mesabi

I dont know if there not endangering the species or not. This could be the guy who was on the grassy knoll haha.
Old January 19, 2008, 10:26 PM   #15
Sgt.Fathead

I'll add that to my file with the armed bears! Nice one!