The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 18, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1
bigfig

Thoughts on the Beretta Nano??

I just recently picked up a brand new Beretta Nano and went straight to the range from the gun shop. I put 100 rounds thru it that day and sisnt have any issues at all. I went to the range the other day and put another 250 rounds thru it and the only FTE I had was with some cheap remanufactured ammo i bought from the gun range to shoot.

My overall opinion of this gun is excellent. 350 rounds basically right out of the box and only 1 FTE (which i blame on the ammo). This gun is very accurate right out of the box. The only negative I have is that they dont make a pinky extension for it yet. They do have a magazine extension kit where you can transform your 6 rd mag to an 8 rd mag but they are sold out EVERYWHERE.

Anyone else out there own one? What are your thoughts?
Old January 18, 2013, 11:23 PM   #2
meanmachine1961

Don't own one yet but have handled one at my LGS. You can tell it is a quality piece and it is on my short list to buy.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:54 PM   #3
haltoo

Just bought mine today, haven't shot it yet. Mine came with 6 and 8 round magazine. The 8 round feels good, but is a mother to load the last round in. I'll update once I've been to the range.
Old January 19, 2013, 01:52 AM   #4
bigfig

You're gonna love the way it shoots right out of the box. Do you know of any online sources that have the 8 round mags in stock? I cant find the extension kits or the 8 round mags anywhere. My Nano only came with 2 6 rounders.
Old January 19, 2013, 01:57 PM   #5
haltoo

I've been trying to find some 8 round mags online and no luck. Got lucky at the gun shop it came with both.
Old January 19, 2013, 04:51 PM   #6
bigfig

I havent been able to find 8 round mags anywhere either. I havent even been able to find the magazine extension kit where you can change your 6 rounder into an 8 rounder.
Old January 22, 2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Ruger40

Quote:
Anyone else out there own one? What are your thoughts?
We bought a Beretta Nano as well. After shooting several small pistols similar to it, I was amazed by the control and recovery it offers. Others that I had shot seemed to want to jump up out of my hand.

The Nano is rock steady on every shot. My wife liked it so much it is hers now.
Old January 22, 2013, 02:26 PM   #8
+1k ammo

I am really leaning towards one vs. the Shield. I love Baretta's and this one looks pretty good.

Still have some time before I get a carry one, so will post any thoughts if I can compare them side to side at LGS - (which is far away).
Old January 23, 2013, 06:14 PM   #9
tristar viper

I need to shoot one of these. I held one, and it feels well made, but I wonder how it shoots compared to a Sig P290RS or a Kahr PM9...??
Old January 23, 2013, 07:33 PM   #10
bigfig

Check out this youtube video by hickok45 about the Nano. I usually watch this guys videos before buying a firearm. He's got great advise and knowledge when it comes to firearms. http://youtu.be/VXxpkM7q_2E
Old January 23, 2013, 08:26 PM   #11
tristar viper

I had already watched. He had quite a bit of trouble hitting anything with that gun, especially at any kind of larger distance.
I know....the gun isn't made for that....
Old January 23, 2013, 09:34 PM   #12
haltoo

Beretta USA online has 8 round mags
Old January 23, 2013, 11:44 PM   #13
bigfig

Tristar....Yeah he somtimes struggles with the "pocket pistols". He says it's because of his large hands. I have medium sized hands and i have no trouble shooting the Nano accurately.

Haltoo....I just checked Beretta USA and it shows the 8 rounds mags as out of stock. I set up a notification alert so they email me when they come in stock.
Old January 23, 2013, 11:45 PM   #14
bigfig

On a side note....I would love to have an out door range set up like hickok45.
Old January 24, 2013, 01:42 AM   #15
allaroundhunter

Hickok does shoot the baby glocks out to 80 yards... Personally, I prefer the Shield to the Nano, but that is just me. I shot the M&P better and it felt better, ergonomically speaking. That is not saying the Nano is not a fine gun because it most definitely is, just my $.02
Old January 26, 2013, 11:21 AM   #16
bigfig

Update:

I went to the range and put 250 rounds thru my Nano. Up until this point the most i've shot at one time was 150 rounds. The double action only trigger pull can be quite the challenge once you hit close to 200 rounds. You're feeling that full 9lb pull (or whatever it is) with every shot! If you're not used to shooting a DAO pistol (like me) then you may find it difficult to shoot over 200 rounds in one session. I'm sure it will get easier the more i shoot.