The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 23, 2012, 01:25 PM   #1
rickyjames

ar/m4 reflex sight

just got a new ar flat top 223 rifle with no sights. i think i am interested in a reflex style sight. i have never owned this type of sight so i have a few questions. first they seem to be a fixed 1x power scope, do they have other powers or variable powers? i have seen seperate additional magnafiers mounted behind the reflex sight, do those work well? second, is there a prefered reticle style or reticle color or are they situational? i see some have multiple reticles and colors as well as brightness levels. does this really help with different light conditions, early morning, afternoons, and early to late evenings? are these types of sights durable and what about battery life? lastly, cost? i would prefer spending under $100 but my upper limit would be $200. thanks.
Old September 24, 2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Yung.gunr

I got one of these for my AK style .223 and really like it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004TD...0_M3T1_SC_dp_3

It has the multiple reticles and brightness levels and has settings for night vision setup if you decide you want to. The laser that is on there is pretty nice and can go pretty far at night. The laser has a remote pressure pad for momentary on/off. I also like that the mount is part of the sight and is a quick release style. Overall I am very pleased with it for what I use it for.

I put it on my Brothers DPMS AR and it co-witnesses perfect with his flip up sights so he had me order one for him. I haven't been able to sight his in yet, but the sight seems very sturdy and very well made.