The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 24, 2008, 05:36 PM   #1
azredhawk44

AZ Appleseed at Ben Avery! Nov 29-30

Phoenicians, Arizonans, Riflemen! Lend me your sears!

RWVA has an Appleseed shoot scheduled for Ben Avery Shooting Facility, November 29th and 30th of 2008.

Come and test your mettle against the AQT. Meet shooters from across the state and even around the country. Learn the six steps of firing a shot like a Rifleman. Learn about the importance of Natural Point of Aim... how to find it, how to keep it, and how to shoot with it. Learn to use a sling to its full potential.

Learn about the history of our great country... the events of April 19th, 1775. Revere's Ride, Parker's Revenge, Davis' advance against the Redcoats at Concord.

Cost is $80 for two days, $50 for 1 day for walk-ons.

If you pre-register, cost is $70 for two days, $45 for one day.

For the remainder of 2008, women shoot free. Shooters under 21 shoot free. Active military shoot free.

Event information available here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3729.0
Pre-register here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/167549144
Old November 23, 2008, 04:01 AM   #2
Satchmoeddie

I'd love to go to Ben Avery Azappleseed.

I live only a little over a mile from shooters world, but they realy only have pistol facilities. I had the dubious privilage of working as an electrician on the original building. It is a converted warehouse. In the beginning there were 4
or 6 stations that ran from the front of the building all the way to the back for rifles. I guess 22LRs and such would be ok. Those were taken out some time ago due to lack of interest. It is too bad that people are not as interested in the intracacies of rifle shooting as they are facinaated with using a handgun. I started with BB guns in a poultry shed shooting mice. ya get pretty good practicing on startled mice at night. If I can get transportation I might show up and use up some 22LR and maybe even try the old 303 Savage out again. Them rounds are getting kinda scarce though. I'll have to look up my old boss Vern, a cowboy action shooter. He used to reload 303 Savage. I trust Vern yo safely reload any round whereas most other people I don't. Remember SAFETY FIRST! I'd like to thank the guys there for confirming my suspicions about the difference between 9mm Luger and 9mm Browning. I have some real old 9mm Luger from 1930s Germany and even it is diferent from modern 9mm Luger ammo. THANKS AGAIN!!!! Boy that one darn foolwas so sure of himself too, And boy was he wrong.
Satchmoeddie
Old November 23, 2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Brit

Ben Avery Range

I have shot on that range! Try to go, it has a Mountain as a back stop, the sign from the High way, it is a full sized Hi Way sign, same as the one to Prescott Huge range, real good facility's, new concrete every where. Watch where you walk!!

Tags
appleseed , arizona , ben avery