The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 15, 2012, 10:05 PM   #1
ratrodney

fast suggestions needed. thanks.

Hello.
Me and my 16 year old boy was lookin at a gun gun. Something in the 600ish or under range. We was lookin at semi autos like the draco....ap9.....masterpiece defender...mac 10's...well you get my point. Just a fun gun.

Anyway, my boy had a bad accident 3 weeks ago and passed away and i want to go to vances tomorrow to put a fun gun on layaway like we had planned.

Just tryin to get ideas on something in my price range. Thanks everyone and God bless. RR
Old October 16, 2012, 04:17 AM   #2
bitttorrrent

I have a masterpiece arms replica in .177mm format - copy. It is fun, but a little hard to aim, so I might get a different one.

I, well, I am selling it because it is too powerful for my son, who is only three and wants to shoot it at his sister.

Your words are powerful and do go and put something down for your son. I lost a cousin recently that was way before her time and it is just not right. I feel your pain...God bless.
Old October 16, 2012, 04:38 AM   #3
10-96

My sincerest condolences to you for your loss sir.

Man, that paints a whole different picture for offering of suggestions. My two oldest kids grew up across the country from me, and I always wondered what would catch their fancy the most. To me, I just browse and scan a lot and try to imagine which would bring them the most joy just by judging what I know of their personalities, likes, dis-likes, and quirks.

Would it do any good for me to simply suggest- let your heart guide you?

God bless,
Jason Huff

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old October 16, 2012, 07:50 AM   #4
ratrodney

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes i think let my heart do the talking. RR
Old October 16, 2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Spats McGee
Staff

I have no useful suggestions for the gun. I can only offer my sincere condolences for your loss.
Old October 16, 2012, 11:48 AM   #6
pilpens

My condolences to you.
========
Cool to a 16 year old, maybe:
1. UZI
2. 1911
3. Almost any semi-auto pistol with a silencer.
4. Bull-Pup AK-47
Old October 16, 2012, 12:02 PM   #7
cannonfire

I'm sorry for your loss...

I have a Masterpiece Arms 9mm "Mac-10"

I don't know if this is the exact model, but mine is a top cocker and looks like this except I have a 2 metal 32 round mags, not the polymer.

Here it is...

It's definitely a fun gun and is a great conversation piece at the range but beyond that, its not very practical.

It is hard to aim and at least mine has some trigger bite, but it is fun just to shoot away and it goes bang every time. A very simple design as well
Old October 16, 2012, 06:01 PM   #8
ratrodney

I settled on a dmall downpayment on something we had both looked at. A norinco mac 90.
Great price and has two thirty round mags. Think he would be proud. RR
Old October 16, 2012, 06:45 PM   #9
SHNOMIDO

A touching story. I'm sorry for your loss.

Get in engraved and post pictures! A fine memory. Its a shame he couldn't do it in your memory (50 years from now of course).

This is heartwarming in the worst way.
Old October 16, 2012, 06:49 PM   #10
Kevin_d77

I think he would absolutely love it! Good job buddy!
Old October 16, 2012, 07:07 PM   #11
stu925

Quote:
A touching story. I'm sorry for your loss.

Get in engraved and post pictures! A fine memory. Its a shame he couldn't do it in your memory (50 years from now of course).

This is heartwarming in the worst way.
That's a great idea, something along the lines of "In Loving Memory Of" I'd probably take some time and build a display case with a plaque for it too. As the others have said, I am deeply sorry for your loss. As the father of two boys I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through.

Stu
Old October 18, 2012, 10:51 AM   #12
ratrodney

Great idea on the engraving! Its very hard but as Christian people were trying to look at the good. A lot of people has got saved from this. Its very hard but were holdin up so far. Will post pics. Tnx...Rod