The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 25, 2013, 05:03 PM   #51
MLeake

With regard to t-shirts and other paraphernalia, if they are still shipping that is fine. Wasn't sure if I had slipped through a crack.

Hope the documentary does well.
Old May 25, 2013, 07:21 PM   #52
DeadPatriot

Hey gang,

Sorry we haven't been on the board for a while, but we've been a bit busy getting the film produced.

Shirts and hats are shipping and dog tags shipped at the beginning of the month. Posters next week.

Thank you all for the support and we will see you at the movies!

Kris and the Assault Team
Old May 30, 2013, 05:40 AM   #53
poline

Up till now, I have never seen anything pro-gun or 2nd amendment positive from Ice-Tea. Law and Order SVU has never been a pro-gun show. However Ice-Tea is a US Army veteran(combat engineers). Therefore, as vet he has earned the right to his opinion, and if he or anyone else is a combat vet then they have more than earned the right to their opinion. That said
let us hope for best and expect the worse.
Old May 30, 2013, 08:08 AM   #54
Lordy123

Can't believe I didn't see this until now, can't wait to watch the film now.
Old May 31, 2013, 07:44 AM   #55
docnyt

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Documentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota.potts View Post
I will make sure to watch this. Wish I had caught it in time to contribute!
I feel the same way.
Old May 31, 2013, 03:24 PM   #56
Pond, James Pond

FAO DeadPatriot

Any plans or thoughts on international release?

There is a great film festival here that shows of every type and from all over the world. Excellently produced documentaries are often also in the program.

It would be great if this were part of the line-up this year or next: I'd go to see it in a heart-beat!! It looks very interesting!
Old June 19, 2013, 07:28 AM   #57
CowTowner

Two days away from the limited theater release. I have tickets for myself, the GF and her daughter to attend the showing in Grapevine, TX.
I've also made sure the the staff and regulars from the range were aware of the film and need for their support.
Here's to a great opening night!
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old June 20, 2013, 09:55 PM   #58
CowTowner

Went to the theater and saw this great film tonight. Too bad there were only 5 of us total seated for the 7:10 PM showing.
The 19 year old with us could not believe the history she wasn't taught in school concerning our civil rights. She will be doing some research on her own to fill in any blanks the film didn't.
It was very well done. Ice-T did an excellent job narrating the film. Fairly balanced with a lean towards RTKBA. But I must say the Brady leader was given a platform and used it well.
The conversation should have started with something like this a long time ago.

I'm very happy to have been one of the many supporters of this movie.
If you haven't seen it and it is showing close by, please take the time and pay to see the film in a theater. Bring the entire family or neighborhood.

Well done, Kris and Team. Well done indeed!
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy

Last edited by CowTowner; June 21, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old June 21, 2013, 09:23 AM   #59
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

I hope you get this on DVD quickly, and on places like Amazon.com, where it will reach a huge number. I will buy one as soon as it hits.
Old June 22, 2013, 01:28 PM   #60
CowTowner

Quote:
I hope you get this on DVD quickly, and on places like Amazon.com, where it will reach a huge number. I will buy one as soon as it hits.
According to the email update I received yesterday, DVD's and downloadable versions (VOD) will not be available for 90 days from the June 20, 2013 release to theater date. This is due to theatrical contract agreements.
Old June 22, 2013, 02:33 PM   #61
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

CowTowner,

Thanks for the info. I was afraid it might be six months, like some are, or even longer. Three months isn't too bad. Once I get it, I want to show it to some neighbors, and friends of mine, when I have them over.
Old April 8, 2014, 11:58 PM   #62
bumnote

I didn't see a more recent thread about this film, so I'm resurrecting the older thread.

It's now available on Hulu Plus to watch. Just watched it last night and I highly recommend this film. It's by far the most reasoned and rational pro-2A film I've ever seen. It's not exploitive, reactionary and doesn't stoop to paranoid fear-mongering to get its point across.
If you have Hulu Plus and haven't seen it, check the film out...you'll be glad you did.

Excellent job Kris!
Old April 9, 2014, 12:42 PM   #63
Kimio

Is it only available through Hulu? If like to purchase the movie if at all possible.
Old April 9, 2014, 01:13 PM   #64
kkb

It's available at Amazon.com too.

ETA: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...hts+under+fire
Old April 9, 2014, 01:17 PM   #65
Kimio

Awesome, thanks for the info kkb!
Old April 9, 2014, 02:17 PM   #66
maestro pistolero

As long as we are resurrecting the thread, I want to share my glee and pleasure that the hypocrisy of Sen Lee is memorialized in this film. "No debate, no discussion."

Ha ha!
Old May 27, 2014, 07:03 AM   #67
alloy

Saw this last night on the Sportsman Channel.
Very well done....definately the best overall I've ever seen on the subject.

Necro thread and all, it's worth a family viewing.
Old May 27, 2014, 07:45 AM   #68
CowTowner

While I agree this was a very well done documentary. And I did support it a little via kickstarter, it seems that not everyone in the industry approves of the movie. Here's a link to the GunsAmerica movie review:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/l/0EA5F1D...gDigest_63.htm

An interesting read and a different point of view to be sure.
Old May 27, 2014, 02:30 PM   #69
FrankenMauser

Quote:
While I agree this was a very well done documentary. And I did support it a little via kickstarter, it seems that not everyone in the industry approves of the movie.
I supported it, as well.
But... as soon as I was finally able to watch the film (after the discs shipped), I posted my 'rewards' (including the DVD) in the "Freebies" section of another gun forum and sent them to someone that hadn't seen the film.

I don't remember what irritated me so much about the film, but I do remember being sorely disappointed.

We all have our own opinions... even if we can't remember what they are, sometimes.
Old June 27, 2014, 10:45 AM   #70
Ascension

I think you guys are on to something in linking gun control to civil rights.
If you look objectively at the history of gun control in the US you will see a real connection to particular the civil rights events and the passage of new laws.
If you have not watched this you need to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iQPKT9teck
From a strategic stand point exposing the racist nature of the 1968 gun control act and using it to bring in factions from the Black community would be a tremendous benefit to us in this fight for Gun Rights in the US.