The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 17, 2002, 09:48 PM   #1
manimal78

help

guys, i have a PPK clone known as an FEG-62. (kind of like a makarov, but not quite.)

anyways, i field stripped the thing today, and while putting it back together, the trigger bar (not the main trigger transfer bar, but the other one) fell out of place. i attempted to put it back in, but for some reason, it keeps slipping out of its hole...it will just fall freely out of its hole if i tilt the gun the right way.

i think it's supposed to be connected to something- either the frame or a spring, because when i put the gun back together, i can hear the damn thing rattle.

does anyone know how to re-connect a trigger bar?

thanks. any help is greatly appreciated.
Old November 17, 2002, 10:03 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Maybe I am thinking of another gun, but AFAIK there is only one trigger bar. It is on the right side and is tensioned and held in place by an extension of the trigger spring just like on the Walther. (The other part you are calling a bar could be the ejector.)

If the trigger and spring are in place, look in the hole where the trigger bar fits and you will see the end of the spring. It has to go into the slot in the bottom of the trigger bar, so you hook it, hold it down and then put in the trigger bar. Then the spring is released and guided into the slot.

Jim
Old November 17, 2002, 10:27 PM   #3
manimal78

thanks Jim, I think it IS the ejector rod after all.

for some reason though, i can't see how the ejector fits on to the spring. the rod itself doesn't have anything to connect it to a spring except for a round peg-like protrusion...If i look into the hole on the gun frame, there's a round place in the spring, but the protrusion on the rod doesn't seem to reach into the spring loop for some reason...
that's the best i can explain it....

any ideas?
Old November 18, 2002, 11:20 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

OK, let's see if we can get on the same track. The ejector is on the left side (as the gun is held normally). It is spring loaded down as it also serves as the slide stop on an empty magazine.

At the front, there is a round projection pointing inward that the ejector pivots on. There is only one way it can go in. There is a spring that fits between the frame and the top of the ejector to push the ejector down unless the follower of an empty magazine is forcing it up. The spring also serves to keep the ejector in place when the slide is off.

Look closely and you should see a slit in the frame and one in the top of the ejector. That is where the spring fits. The little hook end goes up. Remove the magazine before working on the ejector, otherwise the magazine follower will interfere with putting the ejector in.

Jim
Old November 20, 2002, 01:01 AM   #5
jimturner

I've got an Feg SMC 9x18 that has the same problem I think.The ejector on the left side of the frame falls out when you take the slide off.There is a little V shaped spring that fits into the slot on the top side of the ejector,that is what holds it in.However It's easy to lose so if it's not there get the magnet out and start looking.You could probably find the partfrom the ditributor.KBI inHarrisburg Pennsylvania is where mine came from found them to be good guys too.They could get the part for ya.Or you could
make it yourself.Go look at another gun you will see how it works.Good Luck-Jim
Old November 20, 2002, 01:04 AM   #6
jimturner

Be sure and get the magazine and shells out of the gun before you do any of this,we don't want any AD's.Let me know how it [email protected]
Old November 20, 2002, 11:29 PM   #7
James K
Member In Memoriam

On reading over my last post, I realize I need to clarify one point.

The slit in the ejector is pretty deep and you put the spring in there first, open end of the "V" to the rear. If you want, you can stake the slit to keep the spring in place. Then slip the ejector into place, pressing the spring down toward the ejector to get it in. When the spring is in place in both slots, it won't come out.

Since those ejectors almost never need any cleaning or attention, I think these are cases of folks who just want to take things apart. I can only suggest not doing this with your hard drive.

Jim
Old November 21, 2002, 03:17 PM   #8
Ledbetter

They come apart "by themselves" sometimes during takedown. I have a SMC-380. I bought an extra from KBI, along with a replacement recoil spring.