The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 24, 2011, 04:05 PM   #51
markj

Quote:
If he'd asked you what you were afraid of, you could've pulled off that old joke and told him, "Not a damn thing!"
I was waiting for it...

Years ago I was pulled over at 3am, I had a few drinks, well maybe more than a few. A cop hitsthe lites pulls me over. I am running down numbers in my head of folks to call and bail me out I smelled like a still. Cop asks me for my stuff, I hand it over he drops it wind takes it away he runs after it. Comes back to the truck and says my headlite is out. I get out and hit the fender lite comes on. He hands me my stuff tellsme to get it fixed and huffs and puffs to his car leaving me there in a shocked state. I get in and drive away he was still trying to catch his breath.....

I often wondered if he resented that stop....
Old June 24, 2011, 04:19 PM   #52
youngunz4life

in TX it is actually against the law to not provide your CCW ID when asked for or providing your regular ID(license). at least that is the way I read it last night on www.handgunlaw.us (click on TX). we are driving thru there, and I was curious of the laws.