The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old August 2, 2009, 05:24 PM   #1
StiveC2007

Why do we almost never heard about gun legislation not passing

Well for one i'm up here in western MASS and the whole thing about a month or two ago was that, Deval patrick was gonna try and pass a law that restricted people to one gun a month purchases. It was front page in the republican and then poof nothing about it after the vote, no follow up no nothing. what has happend to HR.45 have not heard a thing about that in months. I was just thinking, so what has happend lately with gun law what has passed and what hasn't
Old August 3, 2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

StiveC, there are two "sticky" threads that deal with much of what you asked.

The first one, lists all of the proposed federal legislation and is updated by gc70, as new info becomes available.

The second thread is specific to H.R.45 - note that it hasn't been updated since May 13th.

As for what's happening in Mass... Well, you would need to check your legislatures website for anything happening there. Don't expect others to do the work for you.
Old August 3, 2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Yellowfin

I think there's a New England gun owners forum somewhere that would have the full scoop.
Old August 3, 2009, 02:09 PM   #4
maestro pistolero

Quote:
Why do we almost never heard about gun legislation not passing
OK, I'll bite: Because reporting such news wouldn't serve the agenda of those who tried to pass it in the first place. Example: Incorporation by the 9th circuit got 1/10th of the coverage that the potential reversal via en banc got.
Old August 3, 2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Nnobby45

Since the media leans heavily toward the anti-gun side, unpassed legislation is similar to a personal defeat of their own agenda. Passage is a defeat for their arch enemy, the NRA, and they cover it with relish.