The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 2, 2012, 04:40 PM   #1
aryfrosty

RAAC MKA 1919 12 gauge semi auto

Discovered an interesting shotgun today and brought it home... It is an AR styled 12 ga semi auto imported from Turkey and imported by RAAC Firearms, Inc. It came with two 5 round magazines and also had 3 choke tubes. I had a door breach/ vented choke tube for my Mossberg 500 and it fit the RAAC perfectly. Honestly the 5 round magazines are tough to load at first but FirebirdPrecision.com is making 10 round extensions and also doing custom work on the gun. The buttstock and lower receiver are one piece of plastic but the gun is solid as a vault. I recently saw where the feds are considering banning such shotguns. It will be a better world when they stop making up laws as they go and support the constitution.
Old June 2, 2012, 06:22 PM   #2
oneounceload

Banning one particular brand of gun does not violate the Constitution.

Do some range work and gives us your feedback
Old June 2, 2012, 06:42 PM   #3
MC 1911

I bought one when they first came out and the only problem I had was using the low brass. It likes the strong loads & it will cycle fine. A great gun for having fun.

Tromix also has things in the works for it you might check them out as well!!
Old June 3, 2012, 01:29 PM   #4
aryfrosty

Banning "one brand".

Oneounce, they aren't suggesting banning one brand. They are suggesting banning a type because they don't like its looks. And, yes. This does violate the constitution...The ATF does not have authority to make laws up as they go and when they do it is a violation of our basic rights to due process.
Old June 4, 2012, 06:13 AM   #5
kozak6

No. It's not even that.

More than a year ago, they did a study on importability of shotguns, the ultimate goal of which was likely to get moving on developing a "sporting test" for imported shotguns.

The kicker is that such a sporting test would also apply to all domestic shotguns.

It never got off the ground.

Have you fired your shotgun yet?
Old June 4, 2012, 10:51 AM   #6
aryfrosty

RAAC

Haven't fired it yet. We're in the middle of a couple of weeks of steady rain and the outdoor range I use is boggy. In re: BATFE and their newest efforts: They are accepting "public comments" at this time on their plans. In any case I believe the possibility of a ban spurred me to buy one. I saw the shotgun at a show but didn't look it over then. I spent a time on line looking it up and decided it looked worthy of a trial.