The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 23, 2006, 05:08 PM   #1
FLA2760

Home Invasion, Quadriplegic Beaten

Hi
Three bottom feeders kicked in the front door of a quadriplegic this past Wed. at 2.30am. They dumped him from his wheelchair held him down and ransacked the house. They found his .357 and pistol whipped him.
They took the usual stuff plus his guns. The local police say that there is a good chance these scum will strike again. Let's hope they get these punks. Or they pick the wrong house.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/23/He...ves_man_.shtml
Old June 23, 2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Shaun

why would a quadraplegic have guns??? he cant even move his hands? i feel bad for this guy but if you cant use them shouldnt they be in a safe?
Colt Cobra .38 Spl; Smith & Wesson M10 4"; Colt Detective Special; Ruger Security Six 6"; H&K USPc 40S&W; Smith & Wesson 686P 4"; Kimber Eclipse Pro II; Smith & Wesson M29 6.5"; 3-Screw Ruger Super Blackhawk; Glock 17
Old June 24, 2006, 11:35 AM   #3
leadcounsel

Hope they show up at my house when I'm prepared. They'll wish they were quads when I'm thru with them.
Old June 24, 2006, 12:11 PM   #4
riverrat66

Quote:
why would a quadraplegic have guns???
I agree unless he could use a shotgun somehow attached to his wheeelchair otherwise he needs a couple of man-eating dogs! Hungry, mean DOGS!

This gentlemen was simply not prepared. He should have had a security system and cameras especially living in such a remote area, in a wheelchair, by himself. Never mind the gun, BIG MEAN NASTY DOGS! Of course that's just my opinion.

riverrat66...out
Life Member Harley Owners Group
Old June 24, 2006, 12:35 PM   #5
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
From the article:
Stevenson, who is considered a quadriplegic, sleeps with a .357 magnum by his side. The 42-year-old can't move his legs or hands because of a dirt bike accident nine years ago, but he can swing his arms.
(ital. by TBM.)
I would assume that he can use that firearm if he keeps it nearby. Otherwise it's just a heavy thing to throw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel
Hope they show up at my house when I'm prepared.
I hope you're prepared when they show up at your house...
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old June 24, 2006, 01:27 PM   #6
Big Ruger

One of my best freinds is a quad, and can fire a revolver quite easily. He just cant reload it. I give him alot of crap about it He is also surprisingly accurate with it, except if hes tired and gets a muscle spasm. Course when that happens we just go home and drink beer. ERIC
Old June 24, 2006, 01:28 PM   #7
XavierBreath

Quote:
why would a quadraplegic have guns??? he cant even move his hands? i feel bad for this guy but if you cant use them shouldnt they be in a safe?
Quadriplegics come in all shapes, sizes and abilities. Depending on where the spinal infarction was can make the difference between the use of shoulder muscles, and sometimes arm muscles. Some quads have regained use of their hands.

Never the less, there are no laws barring paralyzed people from enjoying the freedoms affirmed by the second ammendment of the US Constitution.

Who is to say that Mr. Stevenson did not own the guns prior to his injury? Who is to say that they are of no value to him now? Finally, who has the authority to declare that Mr. Stevenson does not share the same rights as every other law abiding US citizen?

I will concede that a quad living alone with firearms in the home is a ripe target for a home invasion. But then, aren't we all? Mr. Stevenson has a right to live as he pleases.
Old June 24, 2006, 02:42 PM   #8
OneInTheChamber

That's pathetic. What a bunch of low life punks to beat a handicap man.

I'll second the vote for atleast a few good dogs to defend the man.
Old June 24, 2006, 08:30 PM   #9
croyance

There is nothing to say that hasn't been said. Hopefully their sentence, if caught, will not take into account the crowded conditions of the Florida prison system.
Old June 25, 2006, 03:13 PM   #10
stratus

Quote:
Hope they show up at my house when I'm prepared. They'll wish they were quads when I'm thru with them.
This is not about you.

I'm so :barf: of these kinds of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneInTheChamber
That's pathetic. What a bunch of low life punks to beat a handicap man.

I'll second the vote for atleast a few good dogs to defend the man.
Absolutely. Some really well-trained dogs, though. He might need some help walking them, depending on how easily he can move around, but his house is probably set up right for that. I can't imagine the way this guy must feel. As if being a quadriplegic isn't enough, some sickos have to come in and pistol whip his face? I hope they get what's coming to them.
Old June 25, 2006, 03:54 PM   #11
riverrat66

Quote:
Hopefully their sentence, if caught, will not take into account the crowded conditions of the Florida prison system.
Unfortunately these bottom-dwellers have probably already been through the system. Prison is a step up for them. These scumbags would do the same thing to their own mothers for easy money. These types prey on the weak and venerable.
I suggested the mean nasty dogs but some bleeding heart would piss and moan that is was inhumane treatment for the BG's and end up suing Mr. Stevenson!
What they need is to just be eliminated from this world, period.

riverrat66...out
Life Member Harley Owners Group