Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old July 19, 2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Mike rossi

Dove Fact Sheet

http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/mour...act-sheet.html
Old July 19, 2015, 07:44 PM   #2
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

In the future, add some amount of text to explain what the article is about. We have a hostile attitude toward "drive-by" posts.
Old July 20, 2015, 06:11 PM   #3
FITASC

And your point is???? Are you trying to convince the folks in NY to make the dove a huntable upland bird instead of its ridiculous listing as a protected songbird?
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 21, 2015, 10:05 AM   #4
Mike rossi

A crow is a song bird, not a dove. See below, explaination broken down from main article... Please read before commenting.....

http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/comp...-songbird.html
Old July 21, 2015, 09:59 PM   #5
Gunplummer

Here is a fact about doves moving north. About 20 years back I went down into a pine grove to check traps one really cold morning. There were over a dozen doves laying dead on the ground. Froze off their perch.
Two doves make a meal?
Old July 22, 2015, 08:53 AM   #6
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Two for a meal? That's okay for a half-fast. White wing doves are half-again the size of mourning doves, and I've regularly found that at least three of those were needed for a meal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture folder 049.jpg (144.3 KB, 18 views)
Old July 22, 2015, 09:22 AM   #7
CowTowner

Based on the picture you got there Art, I'd say you're ready for a buffet.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old July 22, 2015, 09:37 AM   #8
FITASC

Quote:
A crow is a song bird, not a dove. See below, explaination broken down from main article... Please read before commenting.....
I read your "fact sheet" with no explanation as to why you posted it. I KNOW they aren't, but NYS considers them to be (at least when I lived there) and thus they were not hunted...
AGAIN, your point is????????
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa