The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 9, 2000, 07:53 PM   #1
LASur5r

Real story...

I was in the field, driving around checking on public works crews trying to do time in motion studies, when I saw one of the city vehicles jump the curb almost hitting the grocery store on the corner.
The driver's door was open and as I turned figuring there was an accident and someone might need help when I saw one worker swing with a square headed shovel at the supervisor who had his hands up and yelling at him to stop.
As I was pulling up to the curb, I wasn't able to pay full attention to what was going on between the two workers,but I thought that I saw the supervisor's head go off in a weird angle.
I started to get out of the car, but something told me to stay in, so I closed the door and got a really good look at the man laying on the ground...the guy with the shovel had almost decapitated the supervisor with one swing of the shovel.
The man became crazed at a lady who asked him to get off her lawn. The man worked for the city and grabbed a shovel and tried to hit her when the supervisor got out of his truck to try to stop the man.
The poor supervisor had two more weeks to retirement.
the crazy guy got off on an insanity plea. I think it was a couple of years in a mental institution where he got to watch TV all day.
Of course, everybody second guessed that if the supervisor hadn't gotten out of the vehicle....
Of course, he saved that lady's life by distracting the crazy guy....
Sad.
Old November 9, 2000, 08:29 PM   #2
EnochGale

Your head is alive for about 13 seconds when decapitated.

If you have a NAA mini in your mouth, you might have enough left to shoot the guy.
Assuming he is in front of you.

Never give up, bite him. Or stick out your tongue. Maybe you will give him PTSD
Old November 9, 2000, 08:31 PM   #3
dragontooth73

Poor guy ...
Old November 9, 2000, 08:51 PM   #4
Matt VDW

When are we finally going to have some common sense laws to keep shovels out of the hands of children and criminals?
Old November 10, 2000, 12:37 AM   #5
Jay Baker

That's what you call just plain ol' bad luck.

J.B.