The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 8, 2009, 12:27 AM   #1
elwaynum1

Shelving Photos

So, I am currently working on a plan to build some new shelves to go alongside with my reloading bench to store all of my components and what nots that are scattered around my work area. I am really curious what some of you all use for shelves and storage. Post photos!!

Ought to be interesting, I hope.
Old November 9, 2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Saguaro Firearms

okay ill give it a shot

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old November 9, 2009, 02:49 PM   #3
45Colt_Man

I won't post photos but I'll make a bet that no matter how much shelving you put up, it won't be enough. I keep telling my wife I need to take over more of the house or build an additional shop just for my reloading and I only do handguns. We just remodeled my office/reloading room and she couldn't belive all the stuff I moved into the kitchen during the process. Her comment was "You had all of that in your office". I have to store my guns in four different areas of the house because there isn't one room big enough to hold them all.
So I guess what I'm saying is it takes lots of storage for this sport/hobby.
Good luck with your project and I bet you end up agreeing with me.

Dana
Old November 9, 2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Foxbat

For high efficiency you can buy bin racks, nothing beats them, in my view in convenience and flexibility.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shelves.jpg (171.3 KB, 98 views)
Old November 9, 2009, 03:06 PM   #5
pt4u2nv

Nice setup Foxbat !!!
Old November 9, 2009, 03:36 PM   #6
snuffy

Not JUST a pic of shelving, but you can see behind the 650 the shelves I put up. That the slotted tracks that screw directly to the wall, then the hooked brackets hook into that track. Then just get whatever boards you want for the shelves. Nice thin gi; they're adjustable and portable.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?
Old November 9, 2009, 04:31 PM   #7
NWPilgrim

I don't have photos but this is what I use (everything is enclosed in ammo boxes or cabinets to keep out dust and cat hair):

- Heavy duty steel racks for storing ammo boxes of loaded ammo and bulk rifle bullets (several thousands of each for .223, .308, .30-06, plus load handgun ammo); also have reserve quantity of primers in a plastic tub

- 5 gal bucket with padded lid to store Zip lock bags of empty, cleaned/trimmed rifle cases; I use this as a seat when reloading

- Coleman garage storage 2-door floor cabinet (mounted on casters) to store coffee cans of several thousands of empty handgun brass, bulk handgun bullets, extra press, misc rifle bullets, etc. I bolted 1.5" of plywood on the top of this to act as my reloading bench.

- Coleman garage storage 5-drawer cabinet for reloading tools, turret heads and dies, powder measures, scales, priming tools, 2K of each primer type, gunsmithing tools, etc.

- A cheap 2-door metal tool cabinet on casters for storing powders

- Over the reloading floor cabinets/bench I have a set of 3 30" high metal kitchen cabinets I use to store gun cleaning supplies, gun parts, reloading blocks, small ammo boxes, rags, etc.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old November 22, 2009, 06:02 PM   #8
ftlewismp

My work area

Old November 22, 2009, 06:54 PM   #9
jal5

ftlewismp-

like the loading block made from manufactured ammo holders. i am going to probably do that too but use a thinner plyboard for the base.

Joe