The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old September 22, 2012, 09:35 PM   #1
PistolShooter123

Stag 3L vs RRA LAR-15LH Lef-T Operator

I'm new to the AR world and I'm a left-handed shooter. I originally was thinking that I would get the Stag Arms 3L, but I recently saw Rock River Arms has a competing model, the LAR-15LH Lef-T Operator series. Does anyone have any suggestions on choosing between these two models? Any difference in quality between Stag and RRA?
Old September 22, 2012, 10:00 PM   #2
Stukaman

I would like too know as well
Old September 23, 2012, 02:28 AM   #3
btmj

Both Stag and RRA are quality weapons. I looked at both, and went with RRA because I wanted a mid-length gas system, and Stag (at the time) offered a carbine length gas system on their 16 inch barrel weapons. The gas system length probably makes very little difference, but mid-length is what I wanted.

I know nothing about the two particular models you have mentioned. Handle both and you will probably find you prefer one over the other by a slight margin. If you can't establish a preference, buy based on price.

But you won't go wrong with either brand.
Old September 23, 2012, 05:32 AM   #4
ripnbst

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmj View Post
I know nothing about the two particular models you have mentioned. Handle both and you will probably find you prefer one over the other by a slight margin. If you can't establish a preference, buy based on price.

But you won't go wrong with either brand.
This is sound advice. Being lefty, I doubt you'll find a place to handle both though. Many leftys shoot right side ejection AR rifles just fine though. The lefty ejection rifles are not needed, but probably nice to have.

Last edited by ripnbst; September 24, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 07:10 PM   #5
PistolShooter123

Thanks for the advice!
Old September 24, 2012, 07:40 PM   #6
TMD

Stag has been making left handed AR's for several years now. RRA just recently jumped into the lefty market. That aside both companies make pretty good guns.

Tags
left-handed shooter , rra , stag