The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old June 15, 2000, 02:12 AM   #1
deanf

Does no one care about this issue but me?

firearms, accessories or civil liberties issues

(I wonder if General being down had anything to do with all the off-topic posts)

------------------
"Anyone feel like saluting the flag which the strutting ATF and FBI gleefully raised over the smoldering crematorium of Waco, back in April of ‘93?" -Vin Suprynowicz
Old June 15, 2000, 05:16 AM   #2
Hal

SI,'NBDOPP.
stuff gets to me at times.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited June 15, 2000).]
Old June 15, 2000, 05:43 AM   #3
Bud Helms

deanf,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>&lt;quote:&gt;(What's that all about anyway? Handloading IS reloading, ain't it?)&lt;endquote&gt;

Well, if you use all brand new components, then it's not reloading, now is it?[/quote]

Yes! Since April 30, no one has even bothered to TRY to answer that question. I thought it was obvious.

I noticed your comment in another thread How About Some Help Here! and quoted from it over to this thread because I thought your question here might reference the foolishness in that thread and elsewhere here in SQ&F forum.

While I don't manage this forum or any other and surely don't speak for Rich and staff, a couple of months back I think it was 12-34hom, or it might have been DoorGunR, asked why every one was getting so serious and if just a tad of "lightening up" might not be in order. That was in a GD forum thread.

Well, you can see where it led. TFL staff has been very tolerant of the frivolity and at times has even thrown their two cents in to the nonsense. It has pretty much been kept here in SQ&F.

Some of us are just fools for attention and shouldn't be allowed to post in public (me for one!).

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited June 15, 2000).]
Old June 15, 2000, 07:44 AM   #4
deanf

I probably have too much time on my hands. My work consists basically of 12 hours of high-speed internet access to do with as I please, unless the phone rings. And the phone is ringing less and less these days . . . .
Old June 15, 2000, 10:55 AM   #5
HukeOKC

deanf,
I guess I don't understand why you care about this deal. If it was your site and had people doing it when you asked them not to then I could understand your right to make a fuss. But Rich even responds to some of these non-gun topics and yet you want to remind him of what is supposed to be on HIS site. I find that kind-of odd I guess. I agree that maybe some of these posts are WAY off topic but as long as the staff allows it who are the rest of us to "remind" them of what should and should'nt be on here? Let them do there job and make those decisions. If you were paying for this site then I could also see how you would have a problem, but it is free and the general Discussion is for just that, general topics and "hob-nobbing".
Old June 15, 2000, 12:35 PM   #6
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

deanf - let us worry about those...
Okay?
If something gets too out of hand - were on it. Thats our concern.

------------------
You might laugh in the face of FEAR... but unless your armed, its a nervous, unconvincing, little laugh.
Closed Thread