The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 15, 2005, 01:18 PM   #26
Watch-Six

I have been carrying a PM9 for two or three years. It is a very good little pistol. I recently picked up a PM40. I like it even more. Best. Watch-Six
Old March 15, 2005, 07:28 PM   #27
HKGuns

I'll keep my contributions away from the moonies. Thats just me though.
Old March 16, 2005, 01:32 PM   #28
CougarRed

Justin Moon says Kahr's profits don't go to the Unification church. And I am guessing there are plenty of Protestants and Catholics who work at the Kahr factory. Even so, . . .

Which is worse, buying American -- albeit from the son of the leader of a weird religion, or contributing to the trade deficit by buying German?

To me, both are acceptable choices. But once you start saying you won't buy from someone because of their father's religion, you find yourself on a slippery slope. Where does it stop?

Not gonna buy from Javier because he doesn't speak English
Not gonna buy from Daryl because he is black
Not gonna buy from Arthur because he is Jewish

While everyone has the right to spend their money how they please, disciminating against a seller just because they are different in some way seems pretty silly.

I mean, if we never bought anything from anyone who is different that we are, we'd be pretty limited in our selection, right?
Old March 16, 2005, 05:03 PM   #29
HKGuns

>Thats just me though.
Old March 16, 2005, 08:01 PM   #30
Mikie

I was fortunate enough to pick up a used blackened stainless K9 in MA through a private transfer. They are not sold in any shops in this state.This little gun has a great double action trigger that breaks without pulling the sites off target. I shoot it it better than my H&K USP9 even in single action. It's an excellent CCW gun!