The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 10, 2014, 06:07 AM   #1
SAS Phantom

Wife got passed her CCC ......

Well my wife Debbie, passed here CCC on Saturday. She got a 100 on the written and passed the shooting portion. She used my Bersa .380. But now we need to fine a new pistol for “her”. She also shot my G22 and full size 1911 in the past. But would rather have something on the lines of the Bersa and/G22 for felt recoil. along with a holster.

Cheers
Ron

Last edited by SAS Phantom; February 10, 2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old February 10, 2014, 09:15 AM   #2
Evan Thomas

Good for her!

Pax' (Kathy Jackson's) website, The Cornered Cat, has a lot of good information on choosing pistols for smaller hands and making sure they fit. She should take a look at that information (and much else on that site! ), and then head to the LGS, tell them what she likes and dislikes, and, if possible, rent some pistols and try them out.

And there's not a thing wrong with the Bersa, if that's what she ends up liking best.

Oh, and -- don't skimp on the holster, either. The Cornered Cat also has a lot of info on carry options for women...
Old February 11, 2014, 09:57 AM   #3
SAS Phantom

Thanks Vanya, I passed on the info. We're going to look at some pistol this weekend.

Cheers
Ron

Old February 11, 2014, 10:07 AM   #4
kraigwy

Congrats to your Misses

Should be a requirement that all women learn to use and carry a pistol/revolver at all times.

I'm constantly on my wife and daughter when they leave theirs home or in the vehicle.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old February 11, 2014, 09:54 PM   #5
tekarra

Well done on your Missus. Hope you took her to dinner.
Old February 12, 2014, 08:04 AM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Congrats to your Misses
I don't think that means what you think that means.

Quote:
Should be a requirement that all women learn to use and carry a pistol/revolver at all times.
Because sexism is alive and well?

When it becomes a requirement/law, it is no longer a right.
Old February 13, 2014, 04:27 PM   #7
markj

Quote:
Wife has hers on now, daughter is getting her permit soon. Working nites as they do going to a dark parking lot is kinda unnerving to them. Some gals have had bad exp in them parking garages at teh hospital.

Double see many creepy guys would love to take a gal and do bad things to her, a gun does give her protection when I am not at her side. Got kids? or a wife? dont need to be a legal req. Heck I wish my 11 year old son could carry. He is a boy scout and knows safe gun handleing.
Old February 13, 2014, 08:57 PM   #8
Double Naught Spy

Mark, bad things happen to everyone regardless of sex or gender or age or race or religion.

I stand by my comment.
Old February 13, 2014, 10:13 PM   #9
Fiskamon

My wife uses a Bersa Thunder with a Crimson Trace laser. With the help of the laser she can put all 7 rounds inside a 9" pie plate.
Old February 13, 2014, 10:25 PM   #10
glh17

Congratulations to your wife. Hopefully you live in area where she'll get to try a few before making a decision. If my wife were looking for a carry gun and she wanted something on the small size, I suggest trying a Beretta Nano and a Ruger LC9. However, there's lots of choices.