The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 17, 2011, 11:32 AM   #1
MDS

shoulder holster question

I'm going to be getting a used Aker 101 comfort flex. Question. I don't see any holster componets on there website. (If this works out I may want to carry other guns this way) Any thoughts? Could I buy a Galco for example and use it withis harness? May seem like a dumb question, but I naver had a shoulder rig before.
Old January 18, 2011, 09:29 AM   #2
ClydeFrog

Aker, DeltaForce.com, customer service, Galco...

I bought a new black leather(left-hand) Aker rig for my big 96D .40S&W pistol in the summer of 1998. I ordered it directly from www.DeltaForce.com .
I threw it away by mistake around 2000, . When I contacted Aker about left handed models/parts they seemed really sketchy.

I got the impression the firm only wanted to deal with LE officers, retail outlets or military units. Some shooting industry companies are like Aker.
As for the Galco, you may want to consider buying a new Miami Classic II shoulder rig. They are not cheap but the quality is well known and Galco offers a long list of system products(tie-downs, magazine holders, handcuff cases, etc). Bianchi's shoulder rigs are good too but they can be hard to find sometimes. They may not fit all sizes also.