The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 4, 2009, 09:06 AM   #51
2damnold4this

Do you think the guide encouraged the fellow to take a shot at the moving animal because he was in a hurry?

Last edited by 2damnold4this; December 4, 2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old December 4, 2009, 09:10 AM   #52
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Yes, welcome infntry!
I refrained from posting (is that even possible) on this until now... but for good reason...

...Everything I say on the www. is public info! Now I have finally toned down my thoughts I will say that I would have told the shooter, in no polite manner, to finish it off or I would have. AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, I would have put the animal down and if anyone around had a problem with that, I would deal with it however they wish.
Brent
Old December 4, 2009, 09:12 AM   #53
skydiver3346

Ending the animal's suffering:

I am a long time hunter and feel without question that you did exactly the right thing by dispatching this animal who was in pain. We have the responsibility to make a clean kill and nothing else. I would have asked this scum bag if he would like to be dragging himself around after someone made a bad shot on him?
Old December 4, 2009, 07:51 PM   #54
Saguaro Firearms

2damnold4this yes.... that is exactly what he did. ive acually got video of the shot and about 8-10 seconds following the shot. and you can tell the guide is more interested in following the heard than the crippled animal
Old December 4, 2009, 07:59 PM   #55
Christchild

Quote:
you can tell the guide is more interested in following the heard than the crippled animal
Some Guide! Sounds like HE needs a good lesson in ETHICS, himself. These kind of things never cease to "amaze" me...
Old December 5, 2009, 11:00 AM   #56
Lee Lapin

You absolutely did the right thing. That guide needs to be hunting a job, not game animals. And whatever venue is responsible for hosting this sorry excuse for a guide needs to be ashamed of itself. I hope you do send them the link to this thread.

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.