The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 14, 2012, 01:54 PM   #26
ronto

Shoot both and then decide...either will do the job....I CCW the SP101 and carry the 6" Security-Six crossdraw in the woods.
"We will do this: we will hang together, we will keep our organization, our arms, our discipline, our hatred of oppression, until one universal shout goes up from an admiring age that this Missouri Cavalry Division preferred exile to submission, death to dishonor".

General Joseph O. Shelby, CSA (1830-1897)

The only Confederate General who refused to surrender himself or his 1,000+ "Iron Brigade".
Old February 14, 2012, 02:13 PM   #27
Duke City Six

barri35,

Welcome to the forum.

You shot at "Calibers?" As in Albuquerque? They used to have a GP100 for rent. I haven't been there for awhile. PM me if you like, maybe we could go shooting sometime. By the way, I just ordered a 4-inch GP 100 myself. Can't wait.

Last edited by Duke City Six; February 14, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old February 15, 2012, 09:13 AM   #28
barri35

ok, I'm leaning towards the 4" barrel.
i mostly ride the atv more than i do the hike, i enjoy both but it's just easier to get out and ride because i live on the mesa, lots of open land.
Yes, calibers in Albuquerque, they didn't have any sp models for me to try. i tried a 9mm and the .357. i didn't care too much for the 9mm. I've had people recommending that gun to me, i'm glad i tried it out first. I can't get a good aim with that one. i tend to shoot too low. I think it's because i'm waiting for the recoil. ????
thanks again for all your inputs.

Tags
.327 , .357 , gp100 , rugar , sp101