The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 6, 2013, 11:57 PM   #26
Metal god

Each one of these is a separate bill . There were 10 to 15 introduced . Some are not even bills yet . They just have a place held for them like SB whatever .

Quote:
•Banning the possession — not just manufacture and sale — of magazines holding more than 10 rounds.
•Making possession of hollow point bullets and similar “assault bullets” a felony.
•Requiring anyone wishing to buy ammunition to first get a permit by passing a background check.
•Requiring the registration and reporting of all ammo purchases. Limits the number of rounds anyone can have at one time to 500 rounds.
•Requiring all gun owners will have to be licensed like drivers, and will be forced to carry gun liability insurance.
•Banning any gun that has a detachable magazine, and requires a 100% prohibition of all fixed magazines greater than 10 rounds.
•Making all previous grandfathered magazines become illegal, and it will become a felony if you keep one.
•Prohibiting anyone barred from owning a weapon from living in a home where weapons are kept
•Expanding the list of crimes that would bar a person from gun possession.
•Letting the state Justice Department use money from the state’s Dealer’s Record of Sale system to eliminate the backlog of people identified as no longer allowed to own guns but not yet investigated and contacted by law enforcement.
I believe this link Will give you each bill and what it possesses .

http://www.firearmspolicy.org/the-is...nia/2013-2014/

EDIT : Holy cow I just looked at the link I gave They added some stuff .there was not that many last time I looked

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .