The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 31, 2011, 10:56 PM   #1
peeshooter

Value of Browning A5

Need help with the value of a Belgium A5 with serial #8G-24***

Looked at the Browning website and as far as i can tell its between a 1967 to 1976.

Wanting to sell because the recoil itself is not bad, but the action of the bolt or spring is such that follow up shots are difficult. I like my 1100 much better. Got at an estate auction for a fair price. I bought because of the "nostalgia" of of a beautiful gun and the want to just have a classic in the collection.

Last edited by peeshooter; January 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old February 1, 2011, 08:26 AM   #2
jaguarxk120

From the information I have at hand your Browning was made in 1968 and it is a light twelve.
If you looking at a value check the auction site to see what they are asking for them.

If you choose to sell the gun to a sporting good store be well advised they will only give you 50% of blue book value. And they will consider the gun one step lower in condition that it actually is.

Why not keep it, you may like to shoot it at a later date. Remember this there are very few shotguns out there built like a Browning A5, no stampings, all steel.
Your Remington 1100 trigger guard is made from aluminum alloy!