The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 10, 2010, 04:24 PM   #1
madmag

Streamlight 300 lumen LED Upgrade

For those that have a streamlight ultra stinger or a one of the stinger series, or are thinking of buying one.

The ultra-stinger is about 11" long, but is overall smaller than a 3D Mag light. This is not a small hand held light, but it has a niche as a throw (long distance) light. Sometimes you want to light up targets at distance. This light also has good side beam that lights up the close areas.

I was never happy with my original stinger incandescent bulb. It was about 290 lumen's but had a yellow tint that many icans have. I purchased a TerraLux 300 lumen upgrade for my ultra stinger and it works great. First, it has a very white beam (photo attached), and like all LED's, it has a smooth beam without artifacts caused by incan filaments.

If you want a light for distance out of a car window, walking in the woods, etc. then this light will do the job. The cost of the upgrade is fairly high at about $55 including tax and shipping, but it turns the ultra stinger into a great LED light. I got my upgrade from CopQuest, but it can be had from other sites.

http://www.copquest.com/13-2006.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Streamlight ultra-stinger.jpg (214.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Ultra-stinger beam shot.jpg (29.0 KB, 36 views)