The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 19, 2012, 08:59 PM   #1351
PatientWolf

Oops. I actually registered at TFL in October, but just found this thread.

I enjoy target shooting and hunting. Especially pistol and rifle. I earned a Mechanical Engineer degree from UW-Platteville and enjoy hunting in Wisconsin, but currently live in NC.
Old December 20, 2012, 09:56 PM   #1352
HungryHunter

Hi. New here. Have never been on an internet forum before but over the years a lot of questions typed in the computer have been answered here. Don't know much about forums so bear with me. Hope to learn some things from some folks. About me...not much, was in the infantry, went overseas, now I just hunt and fish. Not very interesting guy. Thanks.
Old December 22, 2012, 10:41 PM   #1353
SteveRem870

My name is Steve I'm a new forum member.

Hobbies: guns, knives, youtube, cats
Old December 23, 2012, 05:17 PM   #1354
Alabama Shooter

My name is JC and I like shooting rifles and handguns. I am worried about the impact of the soon to be proposed gun laws by the president's special committee.
Old December 24, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1355
samdunc

Hello,
New to the board. Name is Dan and I live in Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada. My father introduced me to shooting a long time ago. I am interested in most shooting disciplines but my favourite is big and small game hunting.Any way I am looking forward to participating here and am very interested at this time in preserving our gun rights.
Old December 24, 2012, 12:08 PM   #1356
punymidget

Just found this community through a random Google search and figured I would join in

From WV (eastern panhandle part), not the same place as buckwild is being filmed and would love to have them excommunicated or exiled from the state.

Currently only own 3 firearms, a Beretta 92FS, Ruger LC9, and due to recent legal activities... an Armalite ar-15

looking to gain some knowledge <(^^,)>
Old December 25, 2012, 08:40 AM   #1357
fivebux

Hello yall I'm new here and have tons of questions.
Old December 28, 2012, 12:59 AM   #1358
Technoviking

Newbie from Iowa

Greetings all! I'm a relatively recent gun owner and I joined this forum to get unbiased gun reviews and also to seek out other 2nd Amendment supporters.

I currently own a Remington 870 12 gauge, a .22LR Rifle, and a Saiga .223. Still looking to get the rest of the basics: a pistol (or two) and a high-powered bolt-action rifle.
"If we wish to encourage a society where citizens come to the aid of neighbors in distress, we must not strip them of the actual power to do something about crime." ~ Murray Rothbard, For a New Liberty
Old December 28, 2012, 10:15 PM   #1359
Buffalo444

New here, not a new gun owner. Currently own a ishapore 308, in the process of getting a ria 1911 in 9mm.

sent from the rust monster
Old December 29, 2012, 12:06 AM   #1360
Exothermic

Greetings from Illinois!

Heya. Joined the forum recently. Appalled at the way things are going regarding our inherent freedoms. Want to teach my kids to learn to love to hunt and shoot. World getting a bit more redunkulous, so bought SA XMD compact 9mm recently, love it. Wife and I took NRA Basic Pistol recently, other classes slated. So: hunting, defense, general preparedness, and - I have always loved to shoot. Lots to learn. Have been reading this site a great deal as we've shopped for handguns, learned much.

-- Tony Fuentes, from Louis L'Amour's _The Man From the Broken Hills_
Old January 3, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1361
lordhedgwich

New to TFL i mostly like C&R guns have about 6 looking to get more. HI all
Old January 6, 2013, 08:57 AM   #1362
datasmith

Coming back to the fold...

Greetings all. I've been away for quite a while... don't have a good excuse. I felt I should start back here at the beginning if I'm going to continue as a conscientious poster. Good to be back.
Old January 6, 2013, 03:53 PM   #1363
mikey5671

Hello gunners...

Greetings. My name is Mike. I live in Kentucky and am a firearms enthusiast. I've always been into weapons in some shape or form. I'm always looking for info on guns as I always seem to come across good deals so I will probably wear you all out on questions and information. Anyways, glad to be here. Thanks.
Old January 6, 2013, 10:11 PM   #1364
buttmunkey

Hi , New around here. Moved from CA to NC 8 years ago for several reasons Two of which was the draconian gun laws and the terrible political climate.'
Old January 6, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1365
charging_rhinoceros

FNG

Hello all! I have little to offer and much to learn, unfortunately. I have always been interested in firearms but my wife has been less than enthusiastic so it's always been something I've had to keep on the backburner. Recently, with the shooting at the Aurora movie theater here in Colorado followed up by the shooting in CT, my wife now sees the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. I have been reading up on reloading and would like to get into that as well. I've recently bought a .40 cal handgun and am signed up for a conceal carry class toward getting my carry permit. We live in some very unpredictable times and I want to do what I can to put the odds in my favor that should shtf, I'll be more ready than where I am now.
Old January 6, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1366
JVaughn

Hello all. I've been on THR for a couple of years, thought I would come here and visit a while. Hear good things on THR about TFL.
Old January 7, 2013, 03:16 PM   #1367
LocustsOfSteel

Hi, I've been occasionally reading posts on this forum for some time now, figured I'd register so i can see posted pictures and join in on the conversations.
Old January 7, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1368
jip40

Hey everyone, been browsing the site for a while and decided to join. Looking forward to learning from other's experiences
Old January 8, 2013, 03:50 AM   #1369
LelloBeetle

Hi all. My name is Laura. I'm 40-something from Houston, Tx. and living in Pittsburgh, Pa. with my husband. I own a Mossberg 12-gauge, Ruger 10/22 Carbine and a Bersa BP9CC. Looking to learn a lot Ph the forums. Thanks very much.
Old January 9, 2013, 02:29 AM   #1370
BooBoo1000

Hi, My name is Alex, I live in Las Vegas. I think I am a bit older than most posters on this forum. I have been around guns all of my life. My wife and family and I spent most of our lives in Montana. I accumulated a few fire arms.I am partial to a S/W 44 Special for my carry gun,and used a Winchester 338 for most of my big game hunting.Also used everything from a 22 hornet, on up.I have one rifle I am partial to it started life as a 6.5X54 Manlicher. When I got it I sent it to P.O.Akley in Salt Lake to be re-barreled, then had a fancy stock made for it Iron work done by Beasley in Spokane, Trigger from Tinsley, I have mounted a 4 power Balfour Scope.Don't do much hunting now, too damn old, but I used to reload for all of my pistols and riflles.I am still interested in what is coming down the road

I enjoy The Firing Line, and have been a lurker for quite a while.
Old January 9, 2013, 09:28 AM   #1371
7n6

Hello TFL, I have hung around this forum for a while and gotten lots of usefull information and this forum seems to be the most knowledgeable group of people and seems to have a very dedicated staff to go with it. So i decided to finally make an account here and make my own posts.

I really enjoy going to the range, and learning as much as a can about the world of firearms, my ultimate goal is to make a career out of it somehow, despite everything thats going on.
Old January 9, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1372
69camfrk

I actually put up a post a few weeks ago before I saw this. Howdy from GA!
Old January 11, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1373
Jayster

How's it going, from the Old Dominion, VA.

Nice forum you have here and I have only touched the tip of the iceberg.

I look forward to being a member here and keeping informed in our great 2nd amendment right.

Last edited by Jayster; January 11, 2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typop
Old January 12, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1374
amcamu

Hello. I feel as if I know many of you already, as I have been a regular reader here for many years. I want to thank you for the resource this forum has provided. Through the advise I have found here, I have become a gun owner, joined the NRA, obtained my CHL, and started a small collection of carefully selected firearms (although some may poo poo my choices). I hope to continue my education under your stewardship, and possibly gain enough experience to contribute meaninfully to the conversation.

Thanks Again,
Kelly
#1 rule of machining: If it doesnt feel, sound, smell or fit right, stop!
Old January 12, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1375
norb5150

New guy from PA

Hello all .I've been looking for a new member intro page, finally found it. I live in the exceptional north west part of PA so close to the water I can literally sleep walk into it lol. Glad to be here on the forums. I'm on a few others mostly browse for info. Anyways hope to stay awhile.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent