The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 18, 2005, 08:09 AM   #1
tjhands

Reservations in reloading for 10mm Glocks?

Hi gang.

My latest gun lust is for a Glock 20. Man, with a 15-round magazine, that's some serious firepower and punch.

I've heard that this gun may not be the best to reload for, due to possible "Glock problems." Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share on this topic? Thanks again.
Old August 18, 2005, 08:18 AM   #2
Sarge

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...83&postcount=7
Old August 18, 2005, 08:36 AM   #3
tjhands

Oh, bloody GREAT!

This thread is off to an inauspicious start.

Well, let me say that I am a stickler for keeping my guns clean, I don't load at maximum power, and I wouldn't shoot anything but jacketed Hornady XTP's through this Glock, and I will replace the spring every few thousand rounds. Can I PLEASE still buy one and reload for it? Please, Dad??
Old August 18, 2005, 08:48 AM   #4
Sarge

Sure, go ahead sonny.... you can play with that slinky in the middle of the interstate too, if you really want to, and you promise to be careful.
Old August 18, 2005, 09:16 AM   #5
Zekewolf

Dad: "Son, go over to the "10 Ring" forum on Glocktalk, and ask these questions of folks who actually know something about reloading for 10mm Glocks."

Sonny: "But Dad, I was over on The Gun Zone website, and those guys said that reloading for Glocks causes birth defects, etc., blah, blah, blah. Why should I listen to you, Dad?"

Dad: "Because I'm the Dad, that's why! Besides, I'm a lot smarter and more experienced than those GZ guys."

Old August 18, 2005, 09:45 AM   #6
Sarge

All jokes aside, I understand that you can buy aftermarket barrels for most Glocks these days, which have conventional rifling and a "more supported" chamber. If I were going to buy a Glock and reload for it, it would be outfitted with one of these right off the bat.

The 10 is a decent round, too.
Old August 18, 2005, 01:52 PM   #7
Sarge

Here you go, Homey Found one for sale-

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic....597&highlight=
Old August 18, 2005, 04:43 PM   #8
tjhands

Thanks, my brother. I definitely need the 15-round mags but I'll see if this guy will come down on it.
Old August 19, 2005, 02:42 PM   #9
Peter M. Eick

Throw an after market barrel in if you want to go Nuke loads. Otherwise, keep them mild and you will have no problems. I used a KKM barrel in mine because the standard glock barrel was guppy-ing my brass and the buldge was scaring me. The kkm solved it. I never KB-ed in over 3500 rnds.

I sold the gun because the plastic flexing during recoil drove my up the wall. Steel for me now. ONLY!