The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 16, 2001, 02:07 PM   #1
handgun357

Anyone with info about hunting hog in Florida ?
Where? Licensing? Legal weapons? Season? Thanks in advance.
Old January 31, 2001, 05:04 PM   #2
bergie

I checked into while I was down there. Basically if you are on private land, no license needed, shoot em anytime. On public land there is a season and a license is required, don't remember when or how much. I know there are some Floridians here, maybe one of them will hop in with the info.
bergie
Old February 1, 2001, 06:53 PM   #3
taco

Until last year my family had a good size orange grove in central Florida next to several large ranches and we used to hunt hogs quite often. All our neighbors harvested hogs too. On private land wild hogs are treated like domnestic live stock so there is no requirement for license or season. In 10 year period my family and friends took over 70 hogs and the population was not getting any smaller. Actually the hunting was too easy to enjoy so we didn't hunt much after first 3 years but a lot of our friends hunted until we sold the land. We also had over population of deers in our grove and surrounding areas and we hunted some deers too (sometimes with guns and sometimes with a camera) but I don't think harvesting deer was legal. Deer hunting was much more difficult and we enjoyed the hunting them till the end.