The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 31, 1999, 08:33 PM   #1
Joey

Well we went and purchased the Mosberg 500, or at least tried to. I've been delayed from purchasing the shotgun as the NCIC (or whatever) check they do has not replied yet. From what I understand if no reply has been returned within 3 working days we can still purchase the shotgun.

The stock is to long for the wife and I was wondering where we can get a shorter stock. I have seen them advritized on Scattergun Tech's web page but they told me they do not sell just the stock for a Mosberg. Where can I get a shorter stock for the Mosberg 500?
Old August 31, 1999, 08:46 PM   #2
Joey

Open foot insert mouth Found a speed feed stock from Brownells that has a pistol grip stock with the foregrip. It has a 13" length of pull. And a Choate pistol grip stock with a 13.25 LOP WHat is the beter stock??? Is this about as short as the LOP gets? How is a pistol grip on a pump shotgun?

Thanks Much!!

[This message has been edited by Joey (edited August 31, 1999).]
Old August 31, 1999, 11:54 PM   #3
bruels

13" is about as short as they come. I suggest thinking again about the pistol grip stocks. They do help recoil control, but manipulating the safety is kind of awkward.