The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 4, 2004, 10:28 AM   #1
schapman43

A couple 1100's that I got killer deals on (pics, speedfeed stock)

I went into the shop that I work weekends at and found a couple guns I couldnt go home without. There were 2 Remington Model 1100's both marked $149. I picked them both up and plan to make a couple home defense/self defense guns out of them. The picture below shows them cut down to 19.5".

Well here they are with mag extensions and tritium sights (kind of hard to see the sights). The one has a Speedfeed IV stock.

I plan on picking up another speedfeed stock for the other gun. I have Wilson safeties on the way and I'm going to try out a laser devices mount for a flashlight. The barrel on the speedfeed rifle is cut to 18.5" The one with a wood stock has since been cut the same length.
Old December 4, 2004, 11:08 AM   #2
Lycanthrope

When they are completed, having a pic of holding that pair at the same time would be awesome.
Old December 4, 2004, 09:03 PM   #3
RUT

Why so cheap??? What a deal!
Old December 5, 2004, 09:57 AM   #4
Postman

How are they cycling with the short barrels? Did you need to open up the gas ports?