The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 19, 2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Rained, couldn't mow so I shot instead

Power was out and I couldn't play on my computer, rained off and on so it was to wet to mow so whats a guy to do. I have some old oddball stuff I wanted to get rid of so I could make my ammo more homogenous for the 44 mag. Today it was cleaning out old 44 spcl odds and ends. My Super Blackhawk was still set up for 100 yards shooting Hydar-shok JHP ammo so I didn't know where I was going to group with these loads and was pleasantly surprised.

First up was the last of my Hornady JHP and it wasn't bad.

Then the last of my PMC LFP rounds, I am going to have to get some more of these. With a little luck I might be able to duplicate it when I start reloading again.

And last but not least I have been whittling away at the rear sight of my M58 S&W 41 magnum to get it zeroed. I was 4" to the right and I got it down to 1 1/2" to the right. A wee bit more filing and then I can work on elevation. Actually I will probably leave that alone because it shoots perfect elevation at 100 yards and since its my side arm for deer hunting I won't mess with that. The group of 3 at 6 o-clock is actually a group of 4 so I may be closer than 1 1/2". These were re manufactured ammo and I don't want to get to exuberant with the file till I shoot my regular load in and see where it goes. All in all a nice productive day on the line.

It were a shock to the hand when I switched from 44 spcl to 41 magnum. Flat out made me grip a little harder for the next 9 shots. The 44 had kind of spoiled me.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old August 20, 2012, 06:17 AM   #2
KMAX

Hate it when I have to go shooting instead of working. Almost had to Sunday, but managed to find things around the house that needed to be done.

I'm not old. I'm CLASSIC!