The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old December 2, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1
GreySmoke

Poor Business Practices TGSCOM.COM - outdoor-sports-store.com

I recently ordered some gun merchandise on 11/27 from outdoor-sports-store.com i.e. (TGSCOM.COM) Their prices were only fair but they had what I wanted IN STOCK. I checked their tracking information each day and each day it said "Processing". So today I gave them a call and inquired when my "IN STOCK" merchandise would be shipped. Their response was, we ship in 7-10 business days and we should make that for you. I asked if that was the best they could do and they said with the holiday business yes. I asked if there was anything I could do and they politely said no. I asked if I could cancel the shipment and again politely they responded yes I can do that for you. A short time after the call I got an email stating I would be refunded my payment less a fee.

MY ORIGINAL PURCHASE $106.55 AMT RETURNED $92.15!!! A $14.40 FEE FOR THEIR POOR SHIPPING ABILITY.

I could understand a fee for returned merchandise but the merchandise has not even been shipped yet...

I will not be doing business with them again and hope no one reading this does either.
Old December 2, 2011, 10:41 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Did you not read their policies before placing your order?

http://www.tgscom.com/content.aspx?ckey=ReturnPolicy

Quote:
CANCELING ORDERS/CANCELLATION FEES
To request cancellation of an order please contact our Customer Support Team via telephone at 920-569-4250 M-F 8AM to 6PM CST or via our online contact form. For verification purposes, you will be asked to provide your full name, complete billing and shipping addresses as well as the last four digits of the credit card used to place the order. Once the proper information is verified, your order will be canceled within 24 business hours.

No cancellation fees will be applied if the item(s) being canceled are on backorder.

There will be a 15% cancellation fee on all canceled non-firearm orders that are currently processing or that have been shipped.

There will be a 25% cancellation fee on all canceled firearm orders that are currently processing or that have been shipped.

We reserve the right to cancel firearm orders when a customer fails to provide a Federal Firearms License (FFL) from their firearm transfer dealer. Reasonable attempts will be made to contact customers for their FFL when firearms are ready to be shipped. TGSCOM, Inc. reserves the right to decide what constitutes a reasonable attempt. Customers have up to 7 business days (M-F) to provide a FFL, from the time that the firearm is in-stock and ready to be shipped. This 7 business day timeframe requirement may be shorter/longer for specific promotions as advertised. Canceled firearm orders will be subject to a cancellation fee of up to 25%.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old December 2, 2011, 10:55 PM   #3
GreySmoke

Shame on me, I did not read them. Just saying I think their "practices" are POOR and I will not do business with them. If you believe the terms they state are fair and reasonable in todays market, feel free to purchase what ever you want from them. I ordered from about 8 different sites that day and I've received all the merchandise already. Shipped and received! Many of which, shipping was FREE (ie included in the price).
Old December 3, 2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
GENERAL POLICIES

SHIPPING
We reserve the right to ship orders through the carrier of our choice; however most orders will ship via USPS First Class Mail, FedEx Ground or FedEx Express. We do not offer expedited shipping. Shipments containing ammunition of any kind will require an adult signature upon delivery. We reserve the right to require a signature on any shipment we deem necessary.

All in-stock items will leave our facility in approximately 7-10 business days from when you place the order, depending on your location.

For backorder and not in-stock items: Your items will arrive in approximately 2-7 business days, after the item ships .
No doubt that TGSCOM.com isn't the ideal vendor and certainly not meeting their vision of ...
Quote:
To become the premier, online supplier of firearms and sporting goods in the United States, providing outstanding quality, value, service and information to each and every customer.
However, it sounds like your complaints are for things stated directly in their policies. These are far from ideal, but they are definitely stated up front. It is a bad busy policy to order without having checked out the shipping and return policies apriori.
Old December 3, 2011, 06:43 PM   #5
medalguy

I have to admit I don't check every onlilne vendor's shipping and return policies before ordering, but maybe I should. At any rate, I have to side with the OP in this instance. Shipping in 7-10 business days (that's two weeks) after receipt of an online order is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

I owned a business for many years, and we had a good mail-order business. We were able to ship nearly every order either on the day of receipt or the day following. This really isn't that hard to do and I would think about 2-3 days is what most people expect today.

Just my .02
Old December 6, 2011, 10:55 AM   #6
RsqVet

What a load of crap hiding some fee to stop an order that has not been filled or shipped. I would go through your cc company to get the other 14 bucks.

Sorry I do not give a dam if they list it in their policy section, it's crap and I am tired if seeing companies try to make a buck with hidden fees
Old December 7, 2011, 06:39 AM   #7
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Whether it's ethically right or wrong is debatable. Whether it's legally right or wrong isn't. This subforum is normally focused on the argument of the latter. As there's no legal wrongdoing, this specific matter is closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread