The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 12, 2007, 11:17 PM   #1
FrontSight

Beretta A391 Xtrema2 with Kick-Off - Review/Report

Following the advice of many, I bought it a few weeks ago, and finally got to give it a good test this past Saturday morning on a sea duck hunt in Long Island, NY.

Weather was rough, so we stayed in the bay.

85 rounds, that's right, 85 rounds, (slow day for sea ducks! lol) of 3.5 inch Environmetal Hevi Steel, and my shoulder is only the slightest bit sore today (Monday) and only when I squeeze it - didn't feel a thing on Sat or Sun, and don't feel a thing if I don't deliberately squeeze it. No visible bruise at all, either.

Not a single failure to fire, jam, etc. Bang everytime I pulled the trigger, next round of the three always loaded until empty.

Kick...what kick? Lol. I exaggerate, but not bad at all.

One complaint: Not as fast shooting as the Benelli. But I'll trade that over jamming ANY DAY!

All in all, I love it! A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped me choose...
Old November 13, 2007, 10:27 PM   #2
USMC

The only thing I don't like about my x2 is the price tag