The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 6, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Screwedwithagun

holster help

Just picked up M&P 40 looking for some help finding a holster iwb/owb doesnt matter any advice would be great
Old September 6, 2012, 03:05 PM   #2
BarryLee

There are so many options out there you may just want to browse on-line and in local stores and see what you think may work. You might want to just go to Amazon and do a search on “M&P .40 Holster” as starting point.

I use and like holsters by:
Milt sparks
Safariland
Simply Rugged
Blackhawk
Crossbreed
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old September 6, 2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Screwedwithagun

I've done that there's just so many choices lol just looking to get some input on the subject
Old September 6, 2012, 03:14 PM   #4
sureshot106

Try Don Hume. They make great holsters.
Old September 6, 2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Cheapshooter

I just got a Theis IWB hybrid for my KAHR CM9 It has been very comfortable so far. It appears to be well made, and of quality materials. the height, and cant are adjustable by moving the belt clips, but the Kydex part that actually holds the gun is fixed. It was about $20 less than a Crossbreed, and the delivery time was 8 days. Maybe because he had one in stock, I don't know. But his scheduled delivery time is about half that of Crossbreed. I plan on posting a full review after a couple more weeks of use. It's only been a bit over a week now, and everything has been great so far.
http://theisholsters.com/
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old September 6, 2012, 03:30 PM   #6
sigcurious

I had the same experience with Theis, the stated time to shipping was a few weeks and I received mine in about a week.
Old September 7, 2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Sgt.Fathead

The M&P semi-autos are a great platform choice and I hope your new pistol gives you years of good service. My signature line says it all! I am not a rep for White Dog but they make an outstanding product with a great price and a rapid turnaround time with multiple options. I carry my SR9C in a Purebred, 15 degree forward cant, strong (right) side. I had the sweat shield option added, a necessity in the south, and the holster conceals well, is comfortable to wear, has great retention and draws and reholsters well, too.

Good luck!
Old September 10, 2012, 12:41 AM   #8
Miketodd04

+1 for Theis. I have one that fits both my 1911s and it right now is what i wear daily.
Old September 10, 2012, 03:21 AM   #9
moose fat

Remember " search is your friend". I just did and there are ten'ish threads on holsters. A while back, if I remember correctly, a member had compiled a list of holster makers, a quite extensive list, with links.

I just bought a Glock 36 and the only hoster the gun shop had was an IWB De Santis. It is a nice holster but not what I wanted. I am getting used to it but still looking, maybe a Mitch Rosen ARG. I also have an El Passo Saddelry, floral carved, pancake holster with a thumb break for my 1911, an OWB thats very nice and an Uncle Mikes Vertical, shoulder holster.

Do some research on the net and find one that appeals to you and get it, but. There are "alot" of good guality holsters out there and you'll probably end up with more as your tastes/needs change.
Old September 10, 2012, 09:00 AM   #10
Chadk

On the lower end of the price spectrum, I just purchased a Kholster and am carying a Glock 26 at about the 4 O'clock position. There are ALLOT of manufactures making this type of holster. I dont see really how any can be much "better" than the other. (obviously assuming metal clips over plastic). I have a rebate code that would even save a few more beans if you went that direction.