The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 17, 2008, 09:03 PM   #1
The Great Mahoo

Grip Extenders

I picked up a grip extender at a gun show this past weekend for my Glock 36. Not higher cap mag, mind you, just replacement a mag bottom that is shaped for a finger. I changed it out on 1 of my magazines; I couldn't believe how much more comfortable it was!

I never considered my Glock 36 very uncomfortable to hold or shoot, even being such a small gun for my big meat-hooks, but I was sure impressed by the change. I swapped mags repeatedly between my stock mag and my newly modified one. It was clear; much more comfortable without any noticeable added size/weight. I liked it so much I went back and picked up 2 more, giving me 3 of my 4 mags with the extenders.

I made it to the range yesterday to do some shooting. I was surprised at how much more controllable I found the gun. Again, I never had any problems with the standard mags, which my pinky would rest on the bottom of, but the simple change of 1/2 inch of plastic made all the difference in speed-shooting. My follow-up shots got better, allowing nice 2-3" groups at 25 feet with fairly rapid fire. I never imagined that making such a small change could make a nice improvement where I didn't even realize a problem. It never seemed uncomfortable at all with the standard mags.

I now highly reccomend adding an extender to compact pistols, after having tried them.